Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
K Proed!
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For some reason my hood looks like it doesnt close all the way in the front. It looks closed from the sides bit there is a gap between the front of the hood and where there bumper comes up by the grill and also the lights. Is there a way i can fix this? **Also there is a little bit of shadow in the picture too, sorry

Note- My loodlatch was broken and i had a shop weld it back on and i was wondering if that could be the problem too. But they welded it right back on to where it snapped off so i dont think its in a differet position.

·
K Proed!
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i adjusted the rubber stoppers and it fixed it. One of the stoppers was all the way cranked up and the other down, probably from people playing with them when my hoods popped not thinking anything of it. Thanks guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to bring this thread back. But, I got my first RSX 2 days ago, and I'm having the same problem. I've already adjusted the driver side stopper and it fixed the gap with no issue. But the passenger side isn't fixed even if I remove the rubber piece. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Thanks!

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to bring this thread back. But, I got my first RSX 2 days ago, and I'm having the same problem. I've already adjusted the driver side stopper and it fixed the gap with no issue. But the passenger side isn't fixed even if I remove the rubber piece. Does anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Thanks!
question

or unbolt latch bolts and re-adjust.
answer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had the same problem, readjusted the latch, as the hood slamming down on it constantly had caused it to no longer line up correctly, plus I had a mugen replica hood from ebay and the fitment was shitty. OEM now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.