Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ummm just got a dent on my hood. so what can i do about it?

a) Leave it there and pretend its never there?
b) Fix it at a professional autobody shop?
c) Get a new oem hood?
d) CF hood?
e) No hood?

Lemme know guys. and if u guys got like diy in fixing dents and advices plz post them that would be awesome!

edit: the dent is about a size of a tennis ball and about 1/4" - 1/2" deep. and some paint came off

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
5,219 Posts
A or D is what i'd do. If a stock part gets damaged, it just gives me an excuse to buy an aftermarket part.

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Depends on what kind of look you're in to. CF hood or the stock look.

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on what kind of look you're in to. CF hood or the stock look.
thinking about getting a oem cf hood actually if i was to get a cf hood.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ummm just got a dent on my hood. so what can i do about it?

a) Leave it there and pretend its never there?
b) Fix it at a professional autobody shop?
c) Get a new oem hood?
d) CF hood?
e) No hood?

Lemme know guys. and if u guys got like diy in fixing dents and advices plz post them that would be awesome!

edit: the dent is about a size of a tennis ball and about 1/4" - 1/2" deep. and some paint came off
Is that one of your options?:run: :run:

·
DC5-R (車両型式に&#1
2,744 Posts
go with no hood :] be a warrior lol

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Depends how big it is... I have a small dent/chip in my hood (a little smaller than 1/2 a dime... the money kind of dime) and I just let it go. no sense in paying a lot or crying over it when its hardly noticable. Plus its just a car... when you drive it, shits gonna happen to it (especially up front cause I drive on the HW).

Let's see some pics and then we can give better advice! but if your hellbent on not having the dent and you like the look of CF on a white car go for it :thumbsup:

whatever you do we need some before/after pics

·
Rice Picker
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depends how big it is... I have a small dent/chip in my hood (a little smaller than 1/2 a dime... the money kind of dime) and I just let it go. no sense in paying a lot or crying over it when its hardly noticable. Plus its just a car... when you drive it, shits gonna happen to it (especially up front cause I drive on the HW).

Let's see some pics and then we can give better advice! but if your hellbent on not having the dent and you like the look of CF on a white car go for it :thumbsup:

whatever you do we need some before/after pics
yup pics will be posted later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts