Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind (design) of hoods are best at removing most of the hot air from the engine compartment? i want something simple but if i have to go more extreme i will. It gets friggin hot in the compartment and with an SRI heatsoak is insane.

·
ASSHOLE CREW
5,839 Posts
Carbon fiber with some type of vent.

·
I don't know you
16,614 Posts
if the mugen is designed how i think it is (with vents to pull in cold air as u drive, and one to expel hot air), then it would most likely be the best.

buddy club is just a vent over the exhaust manifold area (still effective)

·
PPG Krew
5,478 Posts
I have the Mugen style. Even just at idle u can feel those front 2 reverse vents pooring air out of them just from sitting there. I believe that when u are moving they create a vacuum effect and literally draw the hot air out. In addition, the forward scoop up top functions to send outside air to the back of the engine to help cool where your exhaust manifold is. I'm happy with mine, plus it's cool to be able to see the cf scoop at the top of the hood while driving! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the Mugen style. Even just at idle u can feel those front 2 reverse vents pooring air out of them just from sitting there. I believe that when u are moving they create a vacuum effect and literally draw the hot air out. In addition, the forward scoop up top functions to send outside air to the back of the engine to help cool where your exhaust manifold is. I'm happy with mine, plus it's cool to be able to see the cf scoop at the top of the hood while driving! :)
thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts