Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get more people involved in the "Hooked on Driving" experience. Hooked on Driving is hosting a track day at Autobahn (South) on Oct 24th. This will more than likely be one of the last track days scheduled for the year. So don't hesitate to get out there!

I will be attending along with my good friend Shields Bergstrom, who'll be instructing.

Autobahn is an awesome track with great facilities to enjoy. The South course is slower pace compared to it's larger brother the North, however it makes up for the lack of speed with mid-speed technical corners. Great track to learn on for any beginner!

I have attended one Hooked on Driving event so far, and believe me these people put together an awesome track day. Most of the instructors are professional race car drivers or people with an extensive background in racing. They'll show you what you need to know to go fast!

Great chance to see what you've learned over the summer, and possibly kick some V8 butt!

For more details get a hold of myself or check them out at www.hookedondriving.com!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should! I would love to get the fellow Honda enthusiasts out there to represent their love for their cars and racing. Corvette and Porsche owners really don't pay attention too much to me and my Civic. So it'd be nice to have some people to talk the day over with!

You'll be learning from the pros, so what's to go wrong. Believe me when i say you can't walk away without learning something.

·
Cole me on the panny sty.
1,245 Posts
I'll more than likely I will do it. Just need to save up for the funds. college student = broke 98% of the time

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
I might do this. My season got cut short with a broken hand for all of August and two weeks in Sept. I was just making some progress on getting the 240 more reliable for track days. Each track day I shook down another issue.

·
Cone Killer
1,496 Posts
broken hand?! that sucks
Yeah, I did two autocrosses with one hand and it was hard as heck. I wouldn't try a road course one handed.

Back to the thread, seems a little steep on price. Maybe why you don't see too many honda owners at these. Track daze is doing full course at almost the same price.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Anywhere in between 1.5-3 hours worth. Which is a lot, however it all depends on how many register. The less people that register the more track time. Road America i would have had a solid 3 hours out on the track had it not rained so heavily mid day.

You also have to remember that you'll be getting coached by some of the local professionals if you choose.

I can guaranty that you'll learn a lot if you have one of them ride along with ya.

·
Slow and FWD
1,755 Posts
I'm considering this too. I love the south course, but as a college student these prices are getting steep haha. Plus I'd have to drive up 2.5hours from Champaign and miss a day of partying.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's not looking to bright right now. My car just seems that it doesn't want to put up with one more track day this year. 3rd gear syncro is damn near gone, rear calipers are giving me a hassle, and the suspension needs a lot of work. So it's looking like i'll have to call an end to this season prematurely.

However i'll have a fresh motor broken in and new suspension for next season!

·
Not a Newb Member
613 Posts
Well it's not looking to bright right now. My car just seems that it doesn't want to put up with one more track day this year. 3rd gear syncro is damn near gone, rear calipers are giving me a hassle, and the suspension needs a lot of work. So it's looking like i'll have to call an end to this season prematurely.

However i'll have a fresh motor broken in and new suspension for next season!
Funny you should mention the syncro - my 3rd gear syncro just started giving me some major problems on track yesterday... Dunno what I'm going to do about it yet. I'm done for the season now too, but more because of money reasons : (

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny you should mention the syncro - my 3rd gear syncro just started giving me some major problems on track yesterday... Dunno what I'm going to do about it yet. I'm done for the season now too, but more because of money reasons : (
Yeah mine had been giving me issues all season, however it has become more of an issue than ever. Works fine at normal driving speeds. However when it comes to shifting into third at the corner exits, all i get is grind. So when it comes time to swap in my K24a2 next spring, the transmission will be getting overhauled. Lot of money to save up and spend this winter.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts