Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just want to give everyone a heads up on ABS Dynamics and their crappy customer support / business ethics.

I wanted the mugen style cf hood in October, and ordered it through a retailer online (www.streetstyler.com) on the 6th for $450. Not too bad a price, and they said they had it in stock. I believed them, unfortunately it was not in stock, and I had to wait a total of 4 Months before it finally arrived! (Strike 1) I placed the order on the 6th of October and did not receive the hood until the 13th of January.

When it finally arrived, I was really excited because I waited 4 months for this hood! I open it up and call my friend and try to slap it on. The hood has awful fitment problems, the skeleton under the hood was nothing like the OEM one and was completely off and hit the power steering and some other spots in the engine bay. (Strike 2) The retailer assured me it would have OEM fittment and no hood pins were needed. So they were taking the steps to fix the problem. About a week goes by and I finally get word, that I can drop it off at ABS dynamics and swap it for a good hood. (It's a good thing the defective hood went to someone fairly close to abs dynamics because if it was someone on the east coast, shipping will kill you)

So I goto El Monte, 15 min drive not too bad, and I drop off the hood. When I arrive the person who was there at the time (Wilson) was not expecting me, and did not know what to do with the hood. He wanted me to come back when (Alan) was there, and I told him the hood doesn't fit, so I have no use for it so I left it there. He said he would call me back with 411 regarding the situation. I decided to call back around the time Alan was supposed to be back, and he said he has to test fit the hood to ensure that it was indeed defective, then he'd give me a call back. (Fair enough) Weekend goes by and there's no call, so I decide to call on Monday afternoon. I called them and they told me I had two options... I could either take the defective hood and modify it to fit or wait another month so they could manufacture a new one. I was sick of waiting, but $450 hood should not be modified, so I decided to wait that month.

Third week of that month: My friend was going to pick up an abs dynamic type r cf wing because I told him it was really nice quality and it was. So I decided to go down with him and pick up this wing, and I asked Wilson if the shipment w/ my mugen hood was here yet. He said it should be in next week, so I wait one week, which was the expected ET originally promised. So that week flies by and I should have my hood. :)

Shipment day (today): I call them up around 10:30 because they're open from 9:30-5 PST. I called from 10ish till 12ish and no one answered the phone! So I decided to go to their new location (they recently moved) during the business hours... surprise, surprise no one was there. At this point im kind of pissed off, but whatever it happens right? I go home and an hour later I decide to call for like the 10th time? Finally someone picks up, and I ask about my mugen cf hood, and if the shipment has arrived? I believe Alan answered this phone call... He said the shipment was here, but my hood wasn't and he only had OEM ones. I was like um you guys said it would be here and you guys promised it would be manufactured in 1 month’s time. Then he asked me if I was the guy in San Gabriel w/ the defective hood. I was like yes I am. He then says he was not sure who I was and what car I drove so the hood couldn't be made (strike 3). I was beyond pissed now, and, Slick Alan then tells me he may have one (that will magically appear) :thumbsdow and he'll have his people look in the warehouse and call me back ASAP.

What a shocker... about an hour goes by and no call. So I decide to call and ask about the hood as a customer, and he tells me that they don't have any in stock. Then I ask him why he didn't call me back... I told him this is going to be the 5th month I have been waiting for this hood. He said what he could do is give me an OEM hood until they recieved the mugen one. I declined, and asked how much longer would it take to get this hood finished and ready to go? He said March (strike 4), and I was like forget it, I'll call the retailer and cancel the order.

Cliff Notes. Retailer / Manufacturer lies and I recieve hood after 4 months of waiting only to find out the hood was defective and wouldn't fit. Waited another month only to be screwed by the manufacturer who negligently forgot to place an order for my hood, and tried to lie his way out and expected me to wait another month!

ABS dynamics :shooting: :flame: :firemad: :thumbsdow

·
Registered
650 Posts
piao if u want the mugen cf hood im or pm me...i could get it for u aroudn the same price at a better palce....in stock and all

·
Mugen whore
1,592 Posts
theey told me 350 for the cf mugen hood when i got my Cf wing :dontknow: and they said shipment will arrive around March too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts