Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
planning to replace my oem endlinks to HOTCHKIS COMPETITION...

im still debating which one do i buy...

VERSION 1 (heim joint)

VERSION 2 (high articulation ball joint)

SILVER

BLACK

btw, im gonna run PROGRESS SWAY BARS

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
There is 0 difference as far as "performance" (Overall strength), the type 2 will be quieter.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,830 Posts
I have v1, so far no problems.....from 3k miles away

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as of now... i got a vote of 2 people... i just ordered the version 1... i might sell it and get the version 2 instead...

·
GT30R > Traction
3,830 Posts
I would but hotchkis is good about telling you how to take care of your suspension parts, I'm sure they will give you directions with the links.

·
pronounced: See-Yo
3,732 Posts
i have a complete set of version 2 for front and rear. had them for over 2 years. no problems

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i had version 1 and if you live in an area that uses salt in the winter then your version 1's will rust and start to bind and pop.....

i now have version 2.1 which is the new version they ship when you order version 2......they are non-serviceable so no more grease fitting - they are pre-lubed and the boot is clipped on

if you never get snow or salt then it doesn't really matter

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok... i just received my endlinks today...

they sent me the version 2... :thumbsup:

·
PuErToRiFo!!!
1,019 Posts
sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this part.

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry for the noob question, but what is the benefit of this part.
aint that noob question bro...

if you have an aftermarket sway bar it's better if upgrade your endlinks too coz if you use OEM endlinks and you always go to autocross there's a chance to get broken... hope this helps... :thumbsup:

·
PuErToRiFo!!!
1,019 Posts
aint that noob question bro...

if you have an aftermarket sway bar it's better if upgrade your endlinks too coz if you use OEM endlinks and you always go to autocross there's a chance to get broken... hope this helps... :thumbsup:
thanks for the answer, so it really would not be beneficial to someone like me with stock sways?

·
Registered
90 Posts
hotchkis

anyone have the hotchkis sway bars or the suspension competition package???? if so how do you like it? is the grand worth it for the performance in corners? or can i go cheaper and get the ssame quality. i have the progress sways currently

1 - 20 of 25 Posts