Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to buy rims from this guy and he is claiming they are real Volks Cv pro jj rims but I'm not sure if they are real. When I Google those exact wheels they come up with a logo on the spoke but this one doesn't have it. How can I tell if it is real or not?

Attachments

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
well the wheels are off the car, shouldn't be too hard to take pics of that.

dude is shadier than a stripper saying you're her true love

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the wheels are off the car, shouldn't be too hard to take pics of that.

dude is shadier than a stripper saying you're her true love
Lmaooo, well it's just been one day but I'll get the pics eventually. Here's a pic of what I see on Google to compare so you can see why I'm a little sketched out. Screenshot_20161216-142430.png

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lolol do u think this actually works

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Cv-Pro's should be 3 piece wheels, usually replica wheels don't go as far as replicating a true three piece wheels.(at least i have never seen one) So therefore the whole face of the wheel is removable thus the ability to remove the bolts.
They're usually 1 piece cast with decorative bolts to give it the three piece look.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cv-Pro's should be 3 piece wheels, usually replica wheels don't go as far as replicating a true three piece wheels.(at least i have never seen one) So therefore the whole face of the wheel is removable thus the ability to remove the bolts.
They're usually 1 piece cast with decorative bolts to give it the three piece look.
Thanks. I will try this when I go see it. Haven't had the time to check out the rims yet. Do you think they will fit the RSX anyways ? They're 18x9.5 +19 on 265/35/18..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks. I will try this when I go see it. Haven't had the time to check out the rims yet. Do you think they will fit the RSX anyways ? They're 18x9.5 +19 on 265/35/18..

No lol. Honestly, it won't be an easy fit if you try to attempt it anyways.
I ran 18x9.5 +23 (255/35/18) in the rear and still rubbed with -3.5 camber w/ rolled fenders

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No lol. Honestly, it won't be an easy fit if you try to attempt it anyways.
I ran 18x9.5 +23 (255/35/18) in the rear and still rubbed with -3.5 camber w/ rolled fenders
Does it matter the drop ? My drop is just 1.4"

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does it matter the drop ? My drop is just 1.4"

Regardless of the height, sounds to me like you're gonna have an inch of tire sticking out of your fender unless you run a good amount of camber.

Don't get me wrong, you can fit them just with alot of work.
Here what i suggest, do alot of research on wheel specs and how they look on other peoples cars. Then decide on what you want with your car and how you want it to look.

If you have to make sacrifices to the way your car looks and/or run into fitment problems that you haven't done enough research on, then save yourself the headache and pass on wheels even if its a "steal"

Clubrsx is a fantastic source of information, use it to your advantage! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts