Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 RSX-S with AEM SRI(no puddles to worry about), Comptech header(not racing), Ansa exhaust with 2.5" piping, Nology spark plug wires.

Want to add...
1. Hondata #4- $600
2. AEM tru power pulleys-$230 installed
3. 70mm Throttle body- $300
4. OEM carbon fiber hood- stock look, lighten power- $450
5. Possibly a grounding kit

As you can tell, I'm trying to stick with <$1000 mods... I'm in college but would like to come closer to keeping up with the .... STOCK Evo's.

Any other ideas? Do these sound like good ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Scottie said:
2003 RSX-S with AEM SRI(no puddles to worry about), Comptech header(not racing), Ansa exhaust with 2.5" piping, Nology spark plug wires.

Want to add...
1. Hondata #4- $600
2. AEM tru power pulleys-$230 installed
3. 70mm Throttle body- $300
4. OEM carbon fiber hood- stock look, lighten power- $450
5. Possibly a grounding kit

As you can tell, I'm trying to stick with <$1000 mods... I'm in college but would like to come closer to keeping up with the .... STOCK Evo's.

Any other ideas? Do these sound like good ideas?
you have no chance keeping up with a stock EVO with all those mods.
 

·
some guy
Joined
·
51,131 Posts
ur at $1500 save another 700 and get the toda kit if u want to stay N/A, u will be able to hang with stock evo's then
 

·
Auto-x whore
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
And get a cai, that aem sri is robbing you of power. And I agree with getting the toda kit, I will be doing that eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,899 Posts
boarderdf said:
And get a cai, that aem sri is robbing you of power. And I agree with getting the toda kit, I will be doing that eventually.
if he does that...needs a RH isntead of a shorty header
 

·
Auto-x whore
Joined
·
5,326 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
if he does that...needs a RH isntead of a shorty header
Yeah that two. If you want to stay n/a and be able to beat an evo, you need a race header. The type-r intake manifold will also be able to help you breath better in the top end, so good call on that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
race header definitly. toda n2 kit is awsome, people running 13.2's with it. search for vids of this. yes i believe with the n2 and race header you will beat a stock evo.
 

·
Meow?
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Forget the pullies, there are other things that will give you more power for the money. Same with CF hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
qtiger said:
Forget the pullies, there are other things that will give you more power for the money. Same with CF hood.
I've heard that with engines that take well to mods, more power can come out of the pulleys than one may think. My car seems to be running very well withj just I/H/E and hotwires. Also a carbon fiber hood will ease up 40 pounds off the regular stock hood. 40 pounts is a lot of power right there if you ask me... And then looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
Scottie said:
I've heard that with engines that take well to mods, more power can come out of the pulleys than one may think. My car seems to be running very well withj just I/H/E and hotwires. Also a carbon fiber hood will ease up 40 pounds off the regular stock hood. 40 pounts is a lot of power right there if you ask me... And then looks.
40 pounds will not even take a .1 off your 1/4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you'd be surprised, my bro had a carbon fiber hood on his prelude and it lightened his car up by quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,899 Posts
Scottie said:
you'd be surprised, my bro had a carbon fiber hood on his prelude and it lightened his car up by quite a bit.
prelude hoods are heavy as fawk. the stock rsx hood isnt all that heavy..and most CF hoods drop prolly 20-30lbs (rough guestimation from memory loong ago heh) on the rsx.
 

·
Meow?
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Scottie said:
Also a carbon fiber hood will ease up 40 pounds off the regular stock hood. 40 pounts is a lot of power right there if you ask me... And then looks.
Well, the old rule is that 100 pounds is .1 in the 1/4. So you're looking at spending what, $450 for .05 in the 1/4. That same amount of money on a pair of slicks would drop a whole lot more time.

Besides, 40 pounds... just take out your passenger seat. Boom, free. Put it back in after you get off the strip.


As for the pullies, well... if you're trying to hang with Evos... just pull your power steering and air conditioning. You'll lose more weight than that carbon fiber hood would strip, AND you'll lose the parasitic losses from the PS and AC pumps.

Yeah and uh, that's free too. Save $1000, gain more horsepower, lose more weight.
 

·
Reach Higher
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
ES Motor Mounts, Tires, Hondata #4, and switch to a CAI and you will definately give a Stock Evo a good run :thumbsup:
 

·
yawn..
Joined
·
22,903 Posts
pullies arn't really worth it imo. I have em not a big help at all.. Should save up for some internals or a fly wheel?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top