Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
so what about the speedy racer turbo kits? anyone got experience with these? my buddy is running one on his b18, hasnt had any real issues, he beats the car to hell and he ended up getting the turbo rebuilt with garret parts for only like $150.

heres the link if yall want to see it.
http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/the-350/Turbo-Kit/Detail

its cheap, but i havent heard anyone running them on a k20. im thinking about it cause of the price, and instead of just letting the turbo burn out, i was gonna have it rebuilt with garret parts before it goes in the car.
any help and advice would be appreciated.

·
K20
981 Posts
so what about the speedy racer turbo kits? anyone got experience with these? my buddy is running one on his b18, hasnt had any real issues, he beats the car to hell and he ended up getting the turbo rebuilt with garret parts for only like $150.

heres the link if yall want to see it.
http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/the-350/Turbo-Kit/Detail

its cheap, but i havent heard anyone running them on a k20. im thinking about it cause of the price, and instead of just letting the turbo burn out, i was gonna have it rebuilt with garret parts before it goes in the car.
any help and advice would be appreciated.
Have seen a couple civics running these on Ks. Was told to basically throw away the turbo and manifold they give you :dontknow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
which was pretty much kinda what i planned on doing, but for <$700 its kinda a steal no? considering to get the turbo rebuilt to garret specs for like $150 doesnt sound like a bad plan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
im looking to build a turbo kit with a vertical flow intercooler, is there ANY possible way that i can install the intercooler and still have room to put my fog lights in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im in Downtown LA area and don't want a shop that is just going to try to slap this kit in. Goal whp with the right turbo is hopefully in north of 350 so i believe dyno tuning is a must

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
971 Posts
One of the best posts I've seen on any forum. Thank you for the time/research/energy you spent putting this together!

-Ryu

·
Registered
1 Posts
drove there and pick one

first, doubt about the kit from speedyracer due to cheap price. 20 mins drove from my place.. bought one directly from warehouse, so far happy no complaint.. huge warehouse bought my trust, plus got some discount to even my tax.

·
Registered
252 Posts
some turbo stuff..

my stuff:::

Head
- BC Springs
- Ferrea 6000 Series Valves
- OEM HEAD GASKET
- Unported Head
- K20z1 Head and Block
- K20z1 Cam

Fuel Delivery
- Injector Dynamics ID1000CC
- K-Tuned Fuel Rail
- Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Bosch Inline Fuel Pump -6AN & -8AN Fittings
- Fuel Return Line

Turbo
- Turbonetics .AR 63
- RS Wastegate
- AEM Air Filter
- Godspeed Intercooler 28psi Rated
- Hondata Boost Controller (Kpro Ecu Conller)
- AEM Wideband UEGO Gauge

Air to Air
Stock Thortle Body
Stock Intake Manifold
Hondata 4 Bar Map

Block
- SUPERTECH BLOCK GUARD RSX
- JE Pistons / Eagle Rods
- ACL Race
- Toda Heavy Duty Timing Chain and Tensioner for RSX Type S

Tranny
Stock 6 Speed
COMPETITION CLUTCH STAGE 4 & FLYWHEEL ACURA RSX TYPE S

Exhaust
- Custom Headers with Thermal
- Exhaust tube 3 inch with Skunk2 Muffer upgraded

Ecu
- Still Missing (K-Pro Wanted)

:deadhorse

i need some recomendations or modifications for my setup.
i want hit 550hp +/- without brake my block
turbo psi at 23 +/-

81 - 100 of 113 Posts