Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that gs-27 left that crap and i can't get it off.. did it smear my clear cloat or something?

also i've try the meguiar's polish that supposedly removes swirls.. not really =p didnt work. neither did a layer of wax... help? heh should i try the professial products from meguiars? i need something to remove all the swirls (if not most), scratches, and protect whatever covers up the swirls. then i need my car to like SHINE. heh. whats the quickest way to do this?

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts
try using liquid dawn...it suppose to cut through most waxes/grease/grime.....im not sure it will fix it but worth a try

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isnt that crap dish washing soap?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yikes ! yes , that crap is dish washing liquid.
-but, you used GS27 - and now have to pay the price of using that crap . :D sorry - couldnt resist.

you have residual oils on your paint - dawn will get rid of it. dont make a habit of washing with it - but it removes any oils. old wax etc to get you down to clearcoat.

now, to rid ureself of swirls - the easy way ? there isnt one.

it all depends on how bad the swirls are. light ? they can be filled with an optical relective product - there are several good ones out there. they dont remove the swirls - just hide them

deeper than that - you need to go abrasive - and that is not easy - it is time consuming tedious work - but often will yield the best results if done properly.

search the "swirl" keyword and you will see lots o finfo here already - if you have new questions after that - we'll see what we can do for you.

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Homer since ur an expert in this area can u recommend a good scratch remover? (what do you think of scratchX?) im thinking of ordering some stuff from meguiars or a local detail product shop. which should i go for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts