Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok how would you wash your car in a way where you can keep your car looking like new. Im talkin about no scuffs, no scratches or anything in the sun. It seems like as Im washin my car every week, Im starting to see new light scratches on my car. How can i prevent this. I wash my car with microfiber towels, I have the california blade and etc. I want my paint looking like how I got it on the very first day. Oh by the way, my color is Milano Red. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
214 Posts
ya im curious what you use frosty..

someone suggested the cali blade.

Im with you, drying is where you get your scratches (in my experience)

the only thing I have ever used for drying on any of my vehicles has been a lamb skin chamois..nothing more.

so whats the deal with the blades and what would be better than that or a chamois?

·
Registered
637 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
ya im curious what you use frosty..

someone suggested the cali blade.

Im with you, drying is where you get your scratches (in my experience)

the only thing I have ever used for drying on any of my vehicles has been a lamb skin chamois..nothing more.

so whats the deal with the blades and what would be better than that or a chamois?
Nothing wrong with the blade, I just don't need/like them. If your car is waxed and use a steady strem of water as a final rinse, there is not enough water to justify using the water blade. IMO, a waffle weave microfiber towel is the only drying tool needed.

The blade IMO, is just too big of a risk. If one dirt particle runs from beneath a molding and is picked up by the blade, disaster.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I've also stopped using the blade, though I continue to use it on the windows.

I would recommend using the Big Blue drying towel, soaks everything up. Also, before you do that and you give the car a final rinse, make sure to start at the roof of the car and aim the hose downwards creating sheets of water as you rinse the rest of the car. This should leave less water on the surface to be dried up.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Reverand said:
scratches and nicks are a way of life, i have had my car for 2 yrs and there are plenty. If they get bad you'll jsut have to buff them out.
I disagree. With strategic parking and proper care your car can stay dent and scratch free. I have 100,000 miles on my car and I do not have one ding, scratch, etc.

·
Registered
406 Posts
mistaclean said:
I disagree. With strategic parking and proper care your car can stay dent and scratch free. I have 100,000 miles on my car and I do not have one ding, scratch, etc.
Amidst loose objects on every road, such as rocks, pebbles, and god knows what else, I imagine you are a rare exception..especially with 100K miles. Impressive... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
637 Posts
shrink said:
Amidst loose objects on every road, such as rocks, pebbles, and god knows what else, I imagine you are a rare exception..especially with 100K miles. Impressive... :thumbsup:
Agreed, I am also crazy to say the least. If there is no "suitable" parking, I leave, NO exceptions.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
mistaclean said:
Agreed, I am also crazy to say the least. If there is no "suitable" parking, I leave, NO exceptions.
What happens if you work at a job with no suitable parking...ever!? That's how it is at my job! Only one door ding so far and I have no idea how it got there due to the door being coated with white salt for about a week. It sucks, but you can always get it fixed.

·
Registered
637 Posts
EternalBlue said:
What happens if you work at a job with no suitable parking...ever!? That's how it is at my job! Only one door ding so far and I have no idea how it got there due to the door being coated with white salt for about a week. It sucks, but you can always get it fixed.
It would be like a company not having good benefits, I just would not work there. That or I would get a beater.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
how bout you just don't drive it ? lol

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
haha... try to avoid dings and stuff, and if you get 1, wait till u rack up like 2 or 3 more and get em all fixed at the same time (its cheaper)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts