Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
epluth said:
Just wondering if a CAI is worth getting on my automatic?

Thanks, sorry if repost<?>
Have you done a search, there is hundreds and hundreds of threads on this topic.

·
Registered
229 Posts
not rain but puddle of water on road.
It's near impossible for a hydrolock for CAI unless you literally DIP your car into a BIG, deep puddle up to where your sideskirts are totally submerged under water.
In another words, unless you are really stupid enough to do so, try to avoid those puddles even smalles ones, and u will be fine.
CAI is MUST for AUTO since we lag power.
It should be your 1st performance mod too, then exhaust, then header, then hondata...on and on and on...all about money!!!

·
Unlucky
178 Posts
epluth said:
Ever got hydroloc? I read about that thoughout these posts alot... Really an issue? It's caused by rain, right?
I use to be a little paranoid at the thought of hydrolock before I got a CAI. Now after driving through my fair share of storms and puddles, it doesn't bother me. The entire filter has to be submerged for it to happen. It really is not going to happen unless you do something really stupid, like accidently drive into a lake.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rsxtc123 said:
not rain but puddle of water on road.
It's near impossible for a hydrolock for CAI unless you literally DIP your car into a BIG, deep puddle up to where your sideskirts are totally submerged under water.
In another words, unless you are really stupid enough to do so, try to avoid those puddles even smalles ones, and u will be fine.
CAI is MUST for AUTO since we lag power.
It should be your 1st performance mod too, then exhaust, then header, then hondata...on and on and on...all about money!!!
Thanks guys! Hard to self install???

·
Registered
229 Posts
if you follow DIY I say 5-6 hrs...
if u have installed something in the bay and know wat goes where, 3-4hrs.
IF u have installed CAI before, 2-3hrs.

not so easy but if you take time, you will be good.
There's part where you have to cut little portion of fender in order to fit in the Injen CAI. For AEM CAI, you have to replace the washer bottle.
It's your choice but I noticed that second wave of rsx owners went for Injen whereas the first wave of rsxers went for AEM. Either way, CAI is good MOD to have.
Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love mine on my car...couldn't go without it

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you accidently go in a puddle of water, for the love of god, GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS ! . That way ur motor is not sucking in water.

Its very difficult for our car to hyrdrolock. Why ? take a good look at the design its completely parallel unless ur flooring ur car while its raining (stupid) u have nothing to worry about. When it rains either stop and wait for the rain to calm down.

Today it rained like a bitch, and theirs puddle of water at my workplace. About 2-3 feet. My car is lowered and I didnt wanna risk hydrolocking my motor. So instead of risking buying a new motor for 5-9g. I stayed at my work from 4:50pm to 6:15pm until the rained calmed down and completely stop. Then I went home. Its a risk u have to take and its up to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.