Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering how you guys care for you towels/clothes after you are done detailing or washing your cars. i'm not sure if its ok to mix my microfibre towels with the same load as my 100% terry cloth towels. i've read that for microfibre towels you can't use fabric softner but for cotton terry cloth you can. does anyone know if this is true? btw, i use 3m microfibre detialers clothes, they are very very good. by far better than my 100% terry cloth.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
ive been using mf towels from pakshak.com and i wash them with tide free(no fragrances or softeners) in warm water wash cycle and then dry on the lowest heat setting or air dry.

for cotton towels i do the same.

always wash your mf separatly from everything else!

·
Registered
637 Posts
jstn said:
ive been using mf towels from pakshak.com and i wash them with tide free(no fragrances or softeners) in warm water wash cycle and then dry on the lowest heat setting or air dry.

for cotton towels i do the same.

Same here! If you normally use dryer sheets in the dryer, wipe it down before drying your MF.

We just had a family meeting in my house to discuss the importance of letting me know when there have been dryer sheets used. :spin:

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
jstn said:
That's a very good lesson. Once I kinda wasn't watching what I was doing and just tossed in one of my old ratty MF towels in with my cotton bath towels, not really realizing it was an MF towel.

Boy, I tell ya, who needs a lint trap with one of those babies in there. Any loose lint, threads, dust, all trapped firmly into the towel. What a mess :laughing:
Bath towels were fine. MF towel... well, there was no way I could pluck all that crap out so I tossed it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
mistaclean said:
We just had a family meeting in my house to discuss the importance of letting me know when there have been dryer sheets used. :spin:

hahaha - i can actually picture that - based on what I know about you . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts