Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has any insight on how you adjust the aim of your headlights....?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
There isn't any sort of special technique. Just park your car in front of a flat vertical surface and tweak them until the beam pattern in parallel with the ground. That's the basic Cliff Note's concept.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
From the Helms manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for the reply.....i need to buy helms manual.

·
Registered
30,333 Posts
i tried adjusting it where it shows you on the helms manual but seems to me that it has never moved or am i adjusting it the wrong way? which way do i go?? my drivers side headlamp is pointing up wards! help! o yeah and i have the JDM replica headlights. i dont know if that affected my aim?

·
LACOSTE WHORE
27,093 Posts
I got the JDM one and it's the opposite of the oem one I blind ppl one the left with my JDM oh my bad well I love JDM....lol

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The direction should be stamped into the metal near where you're turning the screw. It'll tell you which way to turn for up and down.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
clockwise like screwing in a screw will aim the headlight down.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's between the high beam and low beam bulbs as show in iVtecMmm's pic.
http://207.44.248.3/attachment.php?attachmentid=156473
Look at the top of the headlights while the hood is open. It should have U/D with arrows stamped into the black plastic near where you insert the screw driver to turn it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
now im really confused. the only thing i see is this thing here, the one that says "Do not adjust"

well i adjust it anyway to see if maybe it was the right thing... and nothing happens! it looks to be the only thing that can adjust on the whole headlight! What am I doing wrong?

:jigglemad

now im angry

(p.s. happy 500th post to me!)

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
the helms manual is WRONG.

the top(left side of the pic) one is to adjust up/down. you don't adjust the bottom one.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts