Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After searching the site, I haven't really found a definitive answer to my question, which is: When using Klasse All-in-One (AIO), how do you apply/remove the product? There are several different options. You could apply with a microfiber applicator OR a foam applicator. You could also apply with a buffer and foam pad. I wanted to see what the consensus was. I think I have found majority say that they apply by hand. If I do it by hand, would you suggest a foam or microfiber applicator pad? I contemplated using a generic Carrand foam pad with a one-speed 10" orbital buffer to apply it as well. What are your thoughts on that? I would remove with a yellow Cobra micro-fiber towel, I don't think there's any debate there. Naturally, I was planning on following it up with Klasse sealant and would definitely apply that by hand.

At any rate, here is my plan for detailing:

-Dawn wash
-91% IPA wipedown
-clay bar
-Meguiars' Swirl-X (definitely with orbital buffer)
-(Meguiar's wash)
-Klasse AIO
-Klasse Sealant (wait 24 hrs, apply 2nd coat)
-One Grand Blitz wax
-Poor Boy's trim restorer

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Posted from an iPhone

I wouldn't use that strong of an Ipa mix, and I use it after clay to remove the QD lube used for claying. I also never use dawn to wash a car, it stays in the kitchen. Just use a good (ie gold class) car soap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
pretty good layout. Couple of suggestions for you. Instead of using IPA at full strength, dilute it 2:1. What are you using KAIO on? If paint then you would treat it like a regular polish. If parts like door jam, and interior then I apply it with a microfiber towel/pad then apply a thin layer work it in. Let it haze then wipe it off. Hope this helps.

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pretty good layout. Couple of suggestions for you. Instead of using IPA at full strength, dilute it 2:1. What are you using KAIO on? If paint then you would treat it like a regular polish. If parts like door jam, and interior then I apply it with a microfiber towel/pad then apply a thin layer work it in. Let it haze then wipe it off. Hope this helps.
That's about what I was thinking, Rook. ;) I'll dilute the IPA. Thanks for your input.

PS--ordered that Poor Boy's trim restorer... we'll see!

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
Honestly, I would get rid of the Klasse as the ONLY time I use it is for emblems and random chrome pieces around a vehicle. Get Optimum Poli-Seal for that step instead and your application and removal will be 100x easier than Klasse. Everything else should be fine for a basic job.

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly, I would get rid of the Klasse as the ONLY time I use it is for emblems and random chrome pieces around a vehicle. Get Optimum Poli-Seal for that step instead and your application and removal will be 100x easier than Klasse. Everything else should be fine for a basic job.
:face: Bahhh!

The next item up for sale is a brand new, unopened bottle of Klasse AIO...

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
It works well for what it is, but if something else does the same job with less effort then thats the route I'm going.

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It works well for what it is, but if something else does the same job with less effort then thats the route I'm going.
Agreed. It's good to have some on tap regardless...

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
UPDATE:

SO, I tried to stick to my line up as much as possible. I feel I did a pretty good job. I didn't dawn like I said I was going to do and I did a 2:1 91% IPA mix as recommended. Overall, I'm extremely happy with the results. Other than the fact that I can take off working shoulders at the gym for the next 2 weeks, I'm content. I used Optimum No-Rinse for the first time...It definitely takes some getting used to. You really do have to wash one panel at a time because if you don't, you'll forget where you've already washed. I guess the stuff IS super concentrated; one oz. to 2 gallons of water isn't much. I probably used a little more than 1 oz. But, I gotta hand it to Optimum...great product. I wouldn't recommend using it though if your whip is really dirty. It's ideal for people who have just recently waxed or have some pollen, light dusting or debris on the exterior. Definitely need to use the 2-bucket wash system for that. I digress...

I washed with Meguiar's sudsy car wash soap (used a little more than usual to work on the old wax and left it on longer before rinsing). After that, I did the IPA wipe down. After doing that and feeling the exterior, I knew I had some work to do. After the wipe down, I clay-bared (did everything even the glass). After claying, I used Meguiar's Swirl-x with a generic 10" random orbital buffer with Carrand foam pad. After buffing off with a clean MF towel, I needed to wash. After washing, I busted out the Klasse AIO. I applied/removed the KIAO by hand. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The Swirl-x is definitely harder to remove by hand. After the KAIO, I applied Klasse sealant and that's where I stopped. I applied the first coat, waited 40 min. and then removed with a clean MF. You REALLY don't need a lot of sealant. I had the same issue with the Klasse sealant that I had with the ONR..."did I do that spot already?!" Oh well, some panels got treated twice--no harm, no foul. The sealant goes on easy and comes off easy too. When removing the sealant, I recommend taking water and misting each panel first before removing with the MF.

At this point, the car looks GREAT! I'm going to do one more coat of sealant and follow it up with One grand blitz carnuba wax. Lastly, apply the Poor Boy's trim restorer.

Pics to follow.

·
Chief Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
EDIT: I haven't used the trim restorer yet.

^NO DENT's HERE!

^OR HERE!

^I know this is a poor shot but it was hard to capture the swirls in the sun. I really didn't have that many in the first place.

Again, pretty satisfied with the end results. If you look close enough (and in the right light) you'll find some slight swirls, and water spots. Imagine the possibilities with a good compound, foam pad & a porter cable!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts