Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 04 a few weeks ago and i've been reading this forum for a while and just drooling over some of these mods, the problem is even if i have the cash for some of them I don't have the stones to sit down and figure out how to rip my car apart to install them. Maybe I'm just a wuss but i'm not a mechanic by anymeans mainly because I'm just too darn scared to try. I want a CAI for example. I read the how to on this site and I just sit there and go, christ what happens if I f'this up or f'that up. Any tips? Do most of you take it somewhere to have the parts installed? If you do them yourself how the heck do you practice in a way that will not screw up your car?

·
one.4our.3hree
9,128 Posts
its kinda like 'ughhh damn what if' at first but after a couple installs u really dont give an ish anymore..

just take it slow, take ur time and make sure u know the car b4 u start.. i always read up alot and make sure i understand word for word what is happening before i start..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'd be so sweet to personalize my car, I wante to get the racing pedals they have on this site but read that you need to drill holes in the existing ones to put them on and I just go, damn can't do that
maybe i should just stick to modding my XMOD RSX

quang said:
its kinda like 'ughhh damn what if' at first but after a couple installs u really dont give an ish anymore..

just take it slow, take ur time and make sure u know the car b4 u start.. i always read up alot and make sure i understand word for word what is happening before i start..
:laughing:

·
Kompressor
9,596 Posts
smokejag said:
I just got my 04 a few weeks ago and i've been reading this forum for a while and just drooling over some of these mods, the problem is even if i have the cash for some of them I don't have the stones to sit down and figure out how to rip my car apart to install them. Maybe I'm just a wuss but i'm not a mechanic by anymeans mainly because I'm just too darn scared to try. I want a CAI for example. I read the how to on this site and I just sit there and go, christ what happens if I f'this up or f'that up. Any tips? Do most of you take it somewhere to have the parts installed? If you do them yourself how the heck do you practice in a way that will not screw up your car?

pick up a Helm's manuel, has lots of good info in there.

and if you "f'this up or f'that up..." then its going to cost you. :laughing:

good luck man. :wavey:

·
What The Problem Is?
9,176 Posts
You can also have a friend help out. In the Midwest we have Mod Meets. We just had a meet last week with about 26 RSX's. It was dope as hell because there is more then enough hands to help out. I installed REVO ss and JDM headlights

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any of those meets in the wisconsin area?

Special Ed said:
You can also have a friend help out. In the Midwest we have Mod Meets. We just had a meet last week with about 26 RSX's. It was dope as hell because there is more then enough hands to help out. I installed REVO ss and JDM headlights

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
i look at it this way...i can spend an hour or two of my time and have fun....or end up spending $300 bucks for someone esle to do it while i wonder if they did it right or not.

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
simsim said:
nicely put silver

for further *balls* read around the forums where people paid to have parts, like say a Cold Air Intake put on and the shop just put a big ass dent in the intake to get it to fit instead of installing it correctly. problems like this have happened a lot believe it or not. so DIY

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
better off gettin a decent tool kit, and workin on it yourself. You can download the Helms manual off of someone on here, and search for the mods. Find someone around your area with a RSX and have them help out. While i'm doing mods it looks so messy I wonder how i'm gonna get it back together, but it ends up alright. Trust yourself and have a lot of free time.

·
Old Man
4,940 Posts
smokejag said:
If ya dont have the balls then dont do it :drink:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
where can u buy helms

·
Registered
658 Posts
but a helms...once you do your first mod and it goes successfully you'll have no problems doing other mods after that...its usually that first mod thats hard no matter how easy it is..then you build up the confidence and you'll be modding things here and there before you know it..

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
just get an estimate for the work from a shop and the price they charge will have u installing turbos in no time

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
You're always scared of the first time of everything heh It's natural..

I remember when i took my suspension off the first time and there were 50 bolts sitting in a bucket.. I was like.. o jeezz the sun is going down what do i do now LOL

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
yeah ask freinds that have done stuff on their cars and that way you will learn

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
yeah ask freinds that have done stuff on their cars and that way you will learn

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I find a big problem is our car is still relativly new and many shops have never worked on one or it was putting on a kit (which they send out to be painted and fit most of the time anyway). Find a friend or a local tuner from the board and get together and work it together. Use these boards for advice and questions, and for heavens sake, TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!

Much more satisfaction doing it yourself. Just be safe, take your time, and make sure you have all the tools you'll need before you start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts