Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm having the same problem took it to a friends mechanic, he told me its possibly the gear forks , mine got stuck on neutral though. Anyone got to fix theirs or found out what the problem was?

·
Registered
184 Posts
ok im having the same problem as the last post. my shifter is stuck in nuetral and if i put it in any other gear ie reverse the whole thing goes into lock down. i dont know what the hell has happened and this is the second trans that this has happened to... i plan to pull it apart and rebuild this time since replacement cost so damn much.the only issue with that is i dont know what part gave. i know the syncros were going out and i also had a axle seal leak.so i planned on replacing the syncros bearing and seals. sorry if there is typos, my laptop is lagging and it takes too long to go back and fix so im typing blind

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a bolt in there in the shift change assembly that I've seen back out before. It had its threads messed up when the bolt was getting beaten up from back and forth movement. It didn't necessarily lock anything out though.

You can pull that entire assembly out of the car though by removing the four 10mm bolts, the cotter pins for the shifter cables, unplug the reverse lockout swtich (if you have one), and take out like an 8mm allen head bolt on the front side of the trans. It will slide right out, but depending if it's stuck in a gear you may have some troubles.
Did you have to pull the transmission also , I was told I might have to because their will be metal flakes inside the transmission from this breaking

21 - 23 of 23 Posts