Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, this will be my first time polishing, please take a look at my car at autogeek.net and tell me if everything looks good..

BTW, the Meguire's dual action complete kit comes with 2 white pads, 2 gray pads, 1 blue pad, 2 cobra microfibre towels, pinnacle pad cleanser and conditioner.. so in total ill have 4 whites, 4 orange, 2 gray, 1 blue, and btw do i need to buy a glaze or is the poli-seal a glaze that u use at the end? and is the optimum compound needed when i already have the optimum polish??

·
fudge em
3,848 Posts
Hi there, this will be my first time polishing, please take a look at my car at autogeek.net and tell me if everything looks good..

BTW, the Meguire's dual action complete kit comes with 2 white pads, 2 gray pads, 1 blue pad, 2 cobra microfibre towels, pinnacle pad cleanser and conditioner.. so in total ill have 4 whites, 4 orange, 2 gray, 1 blue, and btw do i need to buy a glaze or is the poli-seal a glaze that u use at the end? and is the optimum compound needed when i already have the optimum polish??
What you have looks good to me. To answer your questions poli-seal isn't a glaze it is a sealant, you use the sealant after all paint correction has been done to "seal" the finish. I see you also have the paste wax in your cart so you can layer that on top of the sealant after it has cured 24hrs if you like.

I would get the compound if I were you because the polish really doesn't have a lot of correction ability so to correct the paint you will need the compound. Use the compound first then go over it with the polish.

One last thing. I noticed you are from B.C., why not order the stuff from a canadian website like eshine.ca? They have pretty much everything you need and you won't get nailed with any fees from having your stuff come over the border.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ill be picking up the stuff from across the border.. eshine barely carrys that many products from what ive seen.. and there stuff costs more.. i thought ur suppose to go over the car first with polish with white pad (correct me if im wrong).. then if u still see swirls and scratches switch over to the compound with orange pad because the compound is more abrassive?

edit.. ive decided to add meguires #7 show car glaze.. so the process is polish,glaze,seal then wax after 24 hours?

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
Also, since your using a PC or DA, use smaller pads for faster correction. 6.5 are fine, but you can do more / quicker with smaller pads.

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
i'd get the Optimum Compound.

I have OC and OP and the OC is definitely more abrasive to get out those deeper swirls/scratches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts