Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ReZuRRecTRSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what my 1/4 mile times would be with these mods that i have....i'm planning to go Sac Raceway in a couple of weeks to time my car....what i have is AEM CAI, Hondata #4, ES mm, car is dropped w/ stock tires.......where is the best rpm to launch at???

ReZuRRecTRSX

·
5,022 Posts
This is my version of launching. Others may chime in but it works for me.

Here you go. My way of launching. Stage up, both lights. Rev to 2500RPM and hold. Yellow, yellow, GO! Trust me. It may sound stupid, but it works. Think about this. From the time you see the first Yellow to the Green, it 0.500 seconds. 1/2 second from the time both of you are staged and the light goes green. Once you are holding at 2500. Watch the light and don't think about anything else. Count it, Yellow, Yellow, GO. Let out clutch slowly, hear your engine, see your foot on the gas, feather the clutch, listen to your tires, if they are spinning, push in clutch enough to stop spinning, repeat as necessary. Now, all that happens within the first 2.0 seconds after the light goes green. After that, you are on your own. Shift when you gotta shift and keep your feet down until you cross the line.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Yo wassup man, I occasionally go to Sac raceway. This past weekend the track was sticky so if conditions are the same you should be able to launch at 4k w/ your MMs. And if you get a good 60'/launch, you should be able to hit low 14s, probably a 14.2 - 14.3. The best I've seen there with CAI/Hondata and drag radials was 14.0. I usually launch at 5.5k there since I have Azenis. I launched at 5k this weekend, and bogged and got the poor 14.2...would've been 13.9 or something, oh wellz.

·
ReZuRRecTRSX
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thaoyota said:
i was wondering what my 1/4 mile times would be with these mods that i have....i'm planning to go Sac Raceway in a couple of weeks to time my car....what i have is AEM CAI, Hondata #4, ES mm, car is dropped w/ stock tires.......where is the best rpm to launch at???

ReZuRRecTRSX

With the mods that currently have i'm thinking about being in the mid to low 14's........last time i went to the track with Hondata #4 and AEM SRI.....i ran 15.0 two times.....i bogged during my launch both time cause i idle at 3K i was dissappointed......hopefully this time it'll be different.....i'm gonna launch at about 4k......we'll see what happens.......thanks guys....

ReZuRRecTRSX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.