Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Type-S Newbie
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some search, but the last posting was dated '06... so I thought I'll ask and see what are some latest feedback about the Comptech Supercharger (CTSC).

How good (or bad) does the locked Stage2 map runs ? With proper install & components (i/h/e) , is the map good enough to left alone? This map should be a better one than the default 5-7psi JRSC map comes with K-Manager right?

Seems like nobody here likes a locked map in their k-pro... is it mainly because they like the tunability? Or is it really because locked map (reflash) are no good at all?

Tensioners... have both JRSC & CTSC improved their tensioners? Does Comptech still has a slightly better tensioner?

·
Type-S Newbie
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
every car is different, tuned > reflashed.
But the reflash from Comptech is not a "bad" map right? It can run the car fine, track the car alright, not gonna be bad on the engine etc?

Like the Honda #4, it's not a 'bad' map, one can keep this map and track their cars, etc. But of course with k-pro, there's a lot more power to be made.

Can the locked comptech map consider the same?

Where I'm getting at is, if I got the stage 2 Comptech SC kit along with their reflash, and not immediately get it tuned, it's not a BAD thing to keep using their map right?

·
Blown
13,723 Posts
Just do it right, and get all the necessary stuff to go along with your kit and you will see more power / reliability.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
I ran it for a little bit.

Its def conservative.

I think the ignition is tuned for 91 octane.

And its def running on the rich side under normal circumstances.

When i went tuned and k pro it was night and day for power increase.

The rev limit is also premature and top end power is not really there compared to a tuned map.

Should be safe but there is always that risk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts