Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was having starting problems, searched all the old threads and i think it is the starter and nothing else. but i just want to verify that my flywheel/ring gear arnt too stiff because of rust and what not,

I can kinda spin it counter clock wise but it takes levrage with a screw driver. and i cant spin it clockwise at all, Does that make sense. Or should i be able to spin it with my bare hand easly enough. ( all while the car is in neutral. )

im also sure its the starter because i can no longer to get the gear to spin. the pinion will come out but no longer spin. that i can move in one direction easly enough by hand.

Thanks for any help/ advice, this is my first car that ive done any real projects/ maintaince on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-Update-
Not the starter, i changed up the cables i was using to my 4 gage jumpers, starter spun wonderfully. plan now to start swapping out th main power cable and making a ground cable to the battery, or from the block to the battery.

still like some insite on the flywheel, thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.