Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well let me start off with some background info, a friend curbed his rims big time and basically had the opprotunity to trade for a like new pair of stock rims with brand new pirellis as opposed to the stock bald tires he had. well as 20k miles went by the rims started to show rock chips, well today he wanted to repaint them black, well i said lets try something different and i saw this cool bronzish like metallic paint and we spent the day painting them and honestly i think they look much more badass then the black ones but i still like the stocks better but he made out like a bandit, i have some quick pics from tonite.

the pics have some wierd shadows but there are no darkspots like some of the pics show

Attachments

·
All Motor ONLY
87 Posts
looks pretty good from what i could see, wouldnt mind seeing better pics in the day time. i was also thinking of spraying my stock wheels a bronzish color since these would just be something i used for track day.

yea i wanna know how u did the centercaps

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
actually now that we have seen that this color looks real good we are probably going to have his powdercoated to have it permanant.

for the caps my mom cleans teeth for a living and i painted the caps and had my mom clean out the middle as if it was teeth

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
7,698 Posts
Duplicolor makes a bronze high performance wheel coating. I used the Duplicolor brand paint to do my S7's gunmetal and it has held up really well. For those interested in painting their stock rims, I would highly recommend this paint:

Duplicolor Wheel Coating

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.