Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm trying to replace a few items to sell my Acura RSX. I have the Service Manual, but it doesn't explain how to install/remove some trim pieces without breaking them.

1. Pocket Assembly, Driver *NH167L* (Graphite Black) - Acura (77750-S6M-A00ZA)
This is that little coin pocket to the left of the steering wheel. I can get a new part (old had a broken latch). But, I'm not sure how intensive the install is.

https://www.acurapartsforless.com/oem-parts/acura-pocket-assembly-driver-nh167l-graphite-black-77750s6ma00za/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1idW1wZXImcz1pbnN0cnVtZW50LXBhbmVsLWdhcm5pc2gtZHJpdmVyLXNpZGUmYT1hY3VyYSZvPXJzeC1oYXRjaGJhY2smeT0yMDAzJnQ9YmFzZS1sZWF0aGVyJmU9NS1zcGVlZC1tYW51YWw%3D

2. On my rear shelf that clips into the read hatch area as a sun block... one of the plastic prongs broke off and is now rolling around inside the rear hatch area trim. There is a little access door on the inside of the hatch trim, but I'm not sure how to remove it without potentially breaking it. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Most of the stuff pops off. Usually it doesn't crack or break and you have to be careful. If you need to pry a bit, just make sure it doesn't have sharp edges and there are some cheap tools to help take things apart. An Auto trim removal tool is a good investment.

I hate to break things, but it also can help you learn about your car and how not to break other things

·
Registered
23 Posts
the little pocket on the left side of the dash isn't the worst thing to replace just in a really tight spot. If you have the cover under your dash take the out grab a light look up towards the pocket in you will see 2 of the screws. there is 1 or 2 more on the side closest to the driver door that are a bit of a pain to take out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts