Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the shop where im doing mine tomorrow.. said over the phone that they can tint that part too.. when i mentioned the dot matrix.. the guy sounded like oh piece of cake.. like he's dealt with it before a lot... i asked if thats a problem and he said they can tint taht too..

so how is yours tinted.. btw its California Tint and Auto Accesories in Rosemead.. so cal..

·
Registered
435 Posts
Any good tint shop should be able to tint over it with no problem. Some people have opted to put a strip of black vinyl over the dot matrix instead of tint. Your descision.... either one will work.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
just vinyl over it because that part of the rear wind shield doesnt block any visual things...and if you just use tint...it will bubble up later on.....

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
that ceramic shit at the top of the rear window. it can be found on the triangle windows too.

they tinted over mine, and i think it looks okay. it's not 100% clear, but it's passable. better than a vinyl strip i think.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Tinting over the dot matrix is iffy. Sure a good shop will stand by their work but that only means you'll end up taking it back for a no charge retint later. Avoid the hassle, go with vinyl (on the inside, can't believe some guys actually did it on the outside) and don't worry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts