Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious. While the RSX is an imminently mod-able car with a cult following, it also makes a damned good daily driver.

I was just wondering, since they stopped production 13 years ago, how many miles folks had on their RSXs.

I bought a 2006 type S a month ago with 120,000 miles on it. It replaced my 2002 base model, which is still running, and still getting 30 mpg with 357,000 miles on it. I gave that one to my son, because he needed a car.

Just wondering how many others have high-mileage cars.

--vr

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well just like any other Honda, keep the oil changed regularly,
and your basic maintenance, and it should last just as long.

·
Waifu Deluxe
745 Posts
Type S 02 200,400 miles. Running great. Motor was replaced by previous owner so engine mileage is around 140kish. Still original trans, and I've replaced some smaller stuff that wasn't needed since I suck at troubleshooting things.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice this makes me happy my car will last I just bought last October with 7x,xxx miles almost to 80k now !! Just a couple hundred thousand to go

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am indeed the original owner. Purchased in June of 2004. Just got it smogged and registered this morning in Las Vegas. Very very few things ever went wrong with my car. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Bought mine at 96k in October of 2012, it now has about 245k miles on it. I'm on my second transmission, though. Somehow one of the diff gears in the first shattered.

·
283 Posts
I bought mine in January 2012. Has about 127,000 miles

·
NA Today
1,505 Posts
I am indeed the original owner. Purchased in June of 2004. Just got it smogged and registered this morning in Las Vegas. Very very few things ever went wrong with my car. Knock on wood.
Wow that's amazing. 220k miles on the original clutch! I had to replace mine at 95k, but I do drive like a mad man :laughing:

·
OverDosed on Performance!
297 Posts
Original owner of 2002 Type-S purchased in June. Currently at 99k Miles.

Car is heavily modded for the track but passes smog for daily driving in California.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've got an 02 Base with about 230k miles, has been a daily driver since it left the assembly line. Many components have been replaced by me when I bought it in 2015. Has light QP rust that I'll be repairing myself with new sheet metal. Keeping this car for life. I will retire it as a daily in the next couple of years to make it an awd track car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts