Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 just turned 188K and running strong still. Replaced my first clutch at 178K. Other than the normal wear and tear items like brakes and tires, the only thing that actually went bad on it was the CAT and O2 sensors. This is my daily driver and I am looking forward to hitting 200K without issues.

Any other success stories out there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow thats awesome. shows you the engineering of Honda for ya! im new to the forum but not to honda. previously owned an 07 si sedan with frank motor and type r front.. but sold it and got an 03 wrx. but now i miss hondas :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
My 04 has 170K miles, original stock engine with original starter, timing chain, alternator, hoses, all sensors, radiator, body and interior. It has held up well and runs like a champ.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a stock 2004 Si who is creeping up on 173k. Just replaced an engine mount, and still need to do another. Clutch also needs replacing very soon. Ball joints and sway bar links were also done recently, along with new axles that didn't even end up needing replacing (lol). I also replaced my valve cover seal and spark tube+ignition coil seals. Spark plugs were done a few times+wheel bearings. Got a new cat around 167k. I'm also thinking about buying new rotors since my front ones are glazed and have some nice deep ridges in them. She also needs some body work as well. Previous owner beat on her a bit and she has some small imperfections in various locations. I'm also scared that my starter is starting to be on its way out but we'll see.

Anyways this is my first car and I'm really hoping i can get her looking brand new and just drive it forever. I'm really loving being able to learn and work on this car and its become a hobby trying to do any repairs myself. As long as she keeps on rolling though, and the v-tec keeps singing through her exhaust I will be happy. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
About to hit 180k on mine. So far, a timing chain stretched and slipped (should've been replaced sooner, but wasn't), passenger side wheel bearing, catalytic, and LCA bushings.

So far, I replace the timing chain with a whole new kit, fixed the wheel bearing, but I still need to replace the cat and the bushings. The only cat I've been able to find for Cali is $800 bucks through Honda!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts