Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
..::Untouchables::..
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have broke into 14's stock? (Sucks we cant do polls anymore) I hit 14.9 in Las Vegas with new tires but thats not stock. Seems like tires are the RSX's biggest downfall. (duuu) But dont you think if the RSX came with better tires 14.8's would be seen all the time.

·
Ex rsx vs all *********
5,330 Posts
K20A2 said:
I think that might be the case but I think it takes a good driver as well.

Polls have been turned off for some time, for what it is worth.
I agree with chris, the driver (and the track) are the biggest factors for busting into the 14's stock. For example, I've seen so many stock wrx's run 15's when clearly a good driver can pull mid 14's with ease.

·
..::Untouchables::..
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Driver is THE key. But keeping the RSX in lift, and getting good traction is also the next key after driver wouldent you say.(which are attributes of a good driver i guess) hmmm makes you think. ;)

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Wheel hop is such an issue that so far I've seen two time slips of 14.5 on a stock car with only ES inserts. Another one of 14.00 flat with ES inserts, hondata and a cai on STOCK tires.

The stock tires are important. A good stiff suspension is too. But that wheel hop is easily costing a few tenths...

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
I ran 14.8 stock but I only ran that one time. I ran a 14.9 after that and like consistent 15.0s but that one night I got those two 14's for some reason. Maybe because it was FREEZING cold.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
yea stock i hit like a 14.8. usually like a 15.0 or so. azenis i/e got me consistent 14.5's

·
Registered
126 Posts
outsida said:
yea stock i hit like a 14.8. usually like a 15.0 or so. azenis i/e got me consistent 14.5's

Hey, can you and dupontrsx tell me how you guys launch?? You guys really hit those times COMPLETELY STOCK?! What RPMs do you launch at? Everyone keeps complaining about wheel hop and get at most 15.4s, I dont see how you guys get 15.0s and above on stock, so please share some info :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Biga27110 said:
i just ran today stock 14.7 at 95 with a 2.3 60ft stupid wheel hop
oh my muffler was off so ya.. but stock
Hey, how do you launch? At what RPM? And do you just shift at highest rpm possible? I'd really like to know.. thx.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
basically u rev high, so u can hit vtec asap so ur always in vtec
and ya shift highest possible like 8200 my launchs were crap tho 2.3 my seatin position had alot to do with it i wouldnt full disenage the clutch in time

·
Registered
126 Posts
Biga27110 said:
basically u rev high, so u can hit vtec asap so ur always in vtec
and ya shift highest possible like 8200 my launchs were crap tho 2.3 my seatin position had alot to do with it i wouldnt full disenage the clutch in time
Biga27110, dont' you have a problem w/ wheel hop?? ANd if you rev so high to hit vtec right off the launch, you'll just be peelin out wont you? Please clarify, I"d really like to know in detail what you do. THanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Biga27110 said:
i lowered my tire pressure really low so there is more contact patch i did spin a good amount off the line hence the 60ft but that was to prevent wheel hop
thanks a lot... you wouldn't happen to know what pressure u set ur tires to would u?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I dont have an rsx but I ran 14.7 stock.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I did...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts