Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been going around the forums, and I see a lot of people that have problems with the door lock actuators in our cars.

I already replaced my passenger one, now my driver's lock actuator went out.

It's an irritation when you're under warranty but at least it's replaced for free. I'm out of warranty, and I refuse to pay $400 (Acura's quote in Austin) for something that should take about an half an hour with the knowledge and proper tools. If it took me 2 hours the first time I took apart my door, I don't think it should take very long at all.

Now I bought this car because I figured I wouldn't run into problems like this. Once is fine, twice is really pushing it. Does anyone know if there's a recall notice on the actuators? There is no way this is Acura quality. My dad's '92 Camry never had problems like this.

I would say class action, but really all the money goes to lawyers, and no body wins there.

EDIT:
The actuators are on this page,
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org...omp=List All&vinnoT=&trim=&trans=&view=normal
part 72115-S6A-J01 is the passenger's side (#5)
part 72155-S5P-A11 is the driver's side (#26)

There are 2 DIY's for the door lock actuators:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=346683&highlight=door+lock+actuator
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=556948&highlight=door+lock+actuator

You will need a powerful screw driver to remove the 3 screws on the door and make sure your bit fits nicely in the screw itself, otherwise you will strip it.

I've also seen some people with problems with the trunk lock actuator. That's pretty much the same problem, so if you've had a problem with that, weigh in please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IN.

My driver door is not working
any idea on the cost of the part alone... and or part number?

·
vroom vroom
1,964 Posts
IN.

I bought the car with it broken. 2 years later decided i was tired of it, and bought the part for $143, and changed it myself. If you are planning on doing this make sure you get a big diesel screw drive for the screws that hold the door lock.

IN.

My driver door is not working
any idea on the cost of the part alone... and or part number?
part number is 72110-S6M-A03

·
vroom vroom
1,964 Posts
Thank you... and what do you mean by big diesel screw driver?

One with a good gripping handle. You're gonna need both hands to take them suckers off. Also the size of the tip with much bigger than your regular household screw driver.

·
Hi there
696 Posts
LOL: Class action lawsuit. Parts break. Replace them or don't replace them. It's your car.
Hah exactly, it comes with owning a car get over it. Mine went and i bought an actuator for 29$ and replaced it in 30 minutes. Not that big of a deal. Every car has its common problems, this is ours.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you for linking the Part and DIY....

Ordered my part let you know how the DIY goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
to take the door panel apart is simple therr are 2 screws taht are easy to find there right under the arm rest and then where ur door handle is u have to take that clip off and u have to get sumthing skinny enough to fit the hole on the bottom and then just push up dont push DOWN push Up and it will slide right out. then u'll find to more screws which are small adn black take those out after doing so, take the door handle apart fist unplug the switch which is on the end or the door handle then VERY gently take a blue or colorful clip that is holding a metal bar on the door handle off then just lift the metal bar up and ur done with the door handle after doing so u'll see another screw the same color as the 2 u took off the arm rest take that out then all u have to do is take apart ur switch module just at the end lift it up with a flat head screw driver and unplug it after that righty under the speaker u'll feel a litle rectangular hole just pull towards u and u'll hear clips comming off and dont think u broke it u didn't and just do that for all 3 sides of the door panel after all clips are off just lift up the door panel to get the lock that goes up and down u have to lift the door panel so the lock will come off the door panel easy 15 minutes max.

·
7,611 Posts
It's the sort of thing you'd expect from a Chrysler, at least the driver's actuator is cheap (~ $25) and fairly easy to replace.

·
Flying Cat
1,408 Posts
Yep I just fixed mine less than a week ago.

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
passenger side twice, driver side once

car has 110k miles and is just about 5 years old

it's definitely an irritation...i'll need to replace the passenger one soon as i've only fixed it once

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
passenger side, 70k miles, bought part online ~$43, found a guy on craigslist to install it for $40, works fine now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts