Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
honestly now...is that question really necessary? even if it was out of curiosity, who in their right mind would have the time, energy, or money (for paid service) to do it more than once a week? if even

·
Registered
6 Posts
To answer the question: Yes, you're probably damaging it by washing it two to three times a week. First, if the rags aren't perfectly clean, you might be slightly swirling the paint. Second, eventually you'll wash off the wax, which will leave the car unprotected against the elements (acid rain, bird droppings, UV rays from the sun and so on).

On the other hand, there are a lot, lot worse things you could do to your car, so I wouldn't stress too much. If you wash it more than twice a week, then just make sure those microfiber clothes are clean and you wax it more often (maybe once every few weeks).

·
You'll say wow everytime.
4,071 Posts
When I actually have the time and inclination to do so, I try to wax once every month or two and wash 1-2 times weekly.

Keep it waxed, use clean wash mitts, you'll be fine. :driving:

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
One, it is a valid question.

Two, you can wash your car as many times as you like without damaging the paint, so long as you are using the right type of products. Also, if you are going to be washing more frequently, you might also want to consider waxing more frequently. Most car washes will remove some wax, even if they claim not to. Over time washing more frequently will cause the wax to wear off quicker. Just make sure to increase waxing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.