Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to stay N/A as long as possible. So i am swapping in the Type R. Dont tell me its not worth it. Iv read through this all and decided I liked it. What else Do I need to do to it to get into the low 13's? About how much HP am i gunna need to have the abilty to run that. I do have Street legal slicks to.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
10 lbs per horse makes for a mid to high 12 second car with RWD. Once your close to that, you will be low 13 seconds.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
probably around 220-230whp. get hondata, aftermarket cams, and a race header and you should be there

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
With a K20A I/RH/E/Hondata should put you at least in the mid 13's.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i dont think its a matter of hp as it is the matter of a driver. ESMM are great, but for any improvement aftermarket cams and race header are a definit, as well as the driver who can drive.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
A K20A on it's own would probably be pretty close to getting you the necessary horsepower. You might want to get a Type R tranny, or atleast a Type R final gear. That would help acceleration without actually adding horsepower. An LSD would help, too in the same way. Along with a lighter flywheel and clutch. But I'd definitely suggest a K20A engine swap and a good intake, but the race header is out if you want to stay legal (which is why I suggest things like final gears and light weight drivetrain mods). You could get a shorty header and a hollowed cat, which would be just as good but you'd most likely never get in trouble for that. New lighter wheels and light performance tires would really increase acceleration, too.

What I mentioned would probably be over $10,000 in parts, sans installation which would cost another $2k+ easily.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
eddie123 hits 13.6 regulary with only ESMM, Hondata, CAI, shorty header, and an exhaust. Cleary, the driver has a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
benca1 said:
eddie123 hits 13.6 regulary with only ESMM, Hondata, CAI, shorty header, and an exhaust. Cleary, the driver has a lot to do with it.
He has a couple other things, but the point is, he is running 13.6 without a race header and stock interals.

·
Washington Huskies
3,040 Posts
benca1 said:
dont forget his stick azenis

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
JDkindle hit 13.85 w/ I/Hondata/Tires/MM's but that's because he's better than YOU!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2.0 Liter iVTEC Engine hydro operated tranny 220hp/152tq/11.5 Compression Ratio. Motor Swap incls LSD Tranny, ECU, axles with half shaft, stock shift linkage, stock motor mounts, alternator, starter, clutch, flywheel, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, engine harness.

All that comes with the swap....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cant afford turbo....Prolly gunna supercharge

1 - 19 of 19 Posts