Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Terror of Death
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so me and one of my friends were talking about how much power a ff can hold without losing traction so. I just wanted to know what my fellow clubrsx members opinions were. Ok so here it goes since our cars are front wheel drives how much power do you guys think our cars can have before it loses traction. You know as in an attempt to make a balanced power and handleing rsx.

Im thinking 240hp or 250hp but my friend says with street slicks 300hp wouldnt cause the rsx too much traction lost.

·
KD
4,547 Posts
....... depends if you can drive.. i know people who sit there and spin with shitty tires and a cold air intake.. and i see people with FI dc5's with great tires + clutch + common sense of driving and hook up a lot better... all depends... pretty much a dumb question...

·
thisdancegetstheladies
4,750 Posts
welll, heres the thing. mario supposedly has only 100hp and luigi suffered koopa fuckage so hes down to 80hp.

hard to say. tech. stock, our cars do not have full traction in 1st gear or 2nd gear. depends on what you mean by traction. full grip throughout all gears or what? everyone has their own definition of traction and at what point of a certain amount of wheelspin is considered no traction.

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts
like k20a2typer said a lot depends on driving but a basic bolt-on rsx will spin off the line. without slicks or drag radials about 230-240 is the max after that 2nd starts to spin too, 300+ and 1-3 on street tires is worthless with slicks or dr's you can push more

·
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder
3,818 Posts
ehh i was @ 228whp w/ i/rh/e/kpro and i had no traction in 1st, stock tires ftl...now my friend has i/rh/e/cams/valve train work/kpro and he has better traction, yes he has more power but he has traction bcuz hes on falken azenis rt615 tires

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
I'm strait bolt on with stock tires from Acura and sometimes when vtec engages in first they chirp.

A friend with a s/c has a great set of tires and wails on me. It's a worthless question because there are to many variables.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
driver and tires and road conditions. I can spin the tires on my friends 94 integra ls (which is stock). But im just basically trying to get the front end to slip. I can do the same thing in my stock base. But, I can also let down with more control (in any car), and limit the slip, and get better acceleration time. Basically balance of power off the line can help prevent/reduce loss of traction. Just ramming the gas pedal doesn't make your car quicker off the line.

So, yea, this was a lame thread. Driver skill helps reduce the slip (and so does good road conditions and tires)

·
Got Polish?
7,858 Posts
this question doesnt make any sense cuz when I was 100% stock I would spin launchin in 1st. I am now at 440hp and yeah I still spin but at the track with slicks its not a real problem.

·
Registered
598 Posts
if you want to you can spin the tires through first gear in a 60 hp geo metro.

you can also hook up in a 500 hp SRT 4 if you drive it right.

also depends on gearing and obviously tires.

so basically you're debate is completely retarded :wavey:

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
this is pointless it depends on the driver and the car. tell your friend you want something better to argue about!

·
Registered
336 Posts
i have i/rh/e with stock tires i spin first and do in 2nd but mine are almost bald with my eagle F1's i dont spin at all

·
Registered
849 Posts
i say driver is the biggest variable under 250 hp....after that its up to debate..lol....
but driver is usually always the biggest variable
i've got i/rh/e/stage2 clutch n i don't lose traction (granted im not producing much power)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts