Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· K20A2 FTW!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im deciding on selling my rsx but having a hard time pricing it. I would like to hear your opinions on what you think its worth.I know you cant give me an exact answer. I will have pics up tomorrow but here is the specs on my 2002 rsx type-s (nhbp)

Exterior- very good for the year, there is one dent the size of nickel on the quarter panel, one scratch on the front fender that has been touched up with oem paint hardly noticable other then that in very good condition.

Interior- some scratches on the door panels(can barely see) a small crinkle in the headliner and carpet has a small hole underneath clutch pedal from heal. everything else in almost perfect condition.

Engine- (118k)Never had one thing wrong with it, no leaks, doesnt burn oil, engine very clean and have most of the service history all maintence has been performed.

Here is the list of the mods on the car. (i have every single stock part to go with as well)
-Aspec lip kit
-Seibon type r wing
-Drag dr-21 rims w/ brand new nitto invo
-redouts
-10k hids
-20% tint all the way around
-Buddy club n1 full coilovers
-Beaks lower tie bar
-dc5 recaros
-jtc customs ss
-Toda Header
-Hks catback exhaust
-hondata img
-Comptech Icebox Intake
-hybrid racing shifter cable bushings
-esmm

Sorry for the long post look forward to your opinions:thumbsup:

· Firefighter/Paramedic
4,698 Posts
Lets put it this way...

You will get absolutely nothing for your mods, so go for Kelly Blue Book value.

That being said, if I ever saw someone selling their car and I saw that it has 10k HIDs, I would fucking laugh and walk away. Anyone stupid enough to put pink/purple headlights in their car is a fucking idiot and probably treats their car like shit.

good luck.

526 Posts
Part out and get stock parts back, then sell the car.
IF you do part out, pm what you want for the Icebox.

· K20A2 FTW!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lets put it this way...

You will get absolutely nothing for your mods, so go for Kelly Blue Book value.

That being said, if I ever saw someone selling their car and I saw that it has 10k HIDs, I would fucking laugh and walk away. Anyone stupid enough to put pink/purple headlights in their car is a fucking idiot and probably treats their car like shit.

good luck.
Seems like most people get a little bit for there mods. my hids are not pink/purple they are a light blue. I rarely beat on this car. a handful of times if that

4,110 Posts
does your car have 3 miles or 7 million miles on it? makes a bit of a difference. OEM add-ons are worth a little something...but maybe not after 10 years.

· I Am the Liquor
7,829 Posts
I'd put it back to stock first and then sell for ~$6,500- $7,000. Selling it with mods, you'll probably have to drop the price.

· Registered
NA :(
1,034 Posts
very slim chance you'll sell it with all the mods for the price you want, but it can happen.
Someone out there might just want to skip the modding process....
try it, if not, then parting out might be your only option

· K20A2 FTW!!
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the insight when i decide to sell ill probally just start it off around 9500 with all the mods and if it doesnt work from there start parting out

· EJ25 FTW
76,534 Posts
Compare NADA, KBB, and Edmunds. Car value is dependent on region and time of year, plus condition, miles, title condition, etc.

Mods are worth whatever someone will pay for them. Usually they detract from the value since they indicate that someone knucklehead was wrenching on the car and maybe even racing the car. Other times, it's exactly what the new owner wants, and can save them the trouble and hassle of modding the car themselves. You'll never the money back from mods though.

Goodluck, but understand that all the numbers members provided are speculative at best. Because of all the different components that constitute a fair used car price, we cannot give you a figure. Compare prices and go from there.

· Registered
73 Posts
KBB high ball... Edmunds Low Ball. You may get someone to pay more than KBB, but they'd be dumb to do so. As a buyer, in the middle of KBB and Edmunds is usually what I gun for... using edmunds as my low haggle point. Good for old cars... but usually too low for rare or exceptional condition cars. I'd call a clean not-too-high-mile RSX (~10-12k/yr) to not be rare as of now. I see some overpriced '02s for 10k+. Many can be had for 4-8k, though on the low end, most have an accident on their record.

Definately part out the mods. If making the most money is what you're going after, you'll get practically nothing back for the cost of your mods. Some folks won't even look at a modded car... or will consider it 'devalued'. I had an '05 Tiburon V6 SE I bought in early '07. Cost me 11k, out the door. Between the NOS bottle on it, and the cash I had on hand... they let it go. Sold the bottle for $200 bucks... beat the christ out of the car and traded the car for the Xterra I have now for... 11k. It was a meh car... but a good deal. Only was out the tax money for a car to drive for the 1st half of '07. That being said... a Tiburon isn't 1/2 the car an RSX is, but *man* they're (or were) cheap. Almsot felt like a disposable car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts