Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my clutch. It's taking me a few days and I don't remember how the release fork felt before I took the old release bearing out but now it feels really loose. The fork still has the spring behind it and it's in place but it doesn't feel "springy" like the bearing doesn't spring back into place after I push the fork.

I keep seeing mixed info online about whether the fork should be loose or tight.
I saw this video which shows the bearing springing back into place so I don't even know what's right. The spring seems to be in good condition but maybe it needs to be replaced?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjMdErCC98

Any help?

2003 RSX Type-S

·
CRSX Seen better days
22,287 Posts
Just keep in mind that all different clutches have different pressure plates so the amount of force it takes to press the clutch in might be harder than others. Also you should have a little of slack when pressing the pedal before it starts to get stiff. This is so be sure that the clutch is 100% being disengaged or youll be burning your clutch. If your clutch feels spongy maybe youll have to bleed your clutch lines because there might be air in the system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just keep in mind that all different clutches have different pressure plates so the amount of force it takes to press the clutch in might be harder than others. Also you should have a little of slack when pressing the pedal before it starts to get stiff. This is so be sure that the clutch is 100% being disengaged or youll be burning your clutch. If your clutch feels spongy maybe youll have to bleed your clutch lines because there might be air in the system
It's not so much about the clutch pedal. I haven't put the car back together yet I have the transmission out and the release form is really loose like I said. It doesn't move back into place on its own and I'm not sure if it's right.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,195 Posts
Hmm. I think you might need the throw out bearing and flywheel in place for it to spring back. Is the flywheel still installed? Otherwise, it might do as you say

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. I think you might need the throw out bearing and flywheel in place for it to spring back. Is the flywheel still installed? Otherwise, it might do as you say
The transmission is on the ground right now. I have the fork and bearing all in place and it's just so loose compared to the video I posted. Even after I put the transmission on the engine it felt just as loose.

I'm going to try to post a video on how it acts.

·
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD
2,195 Posts
Long shot, but did you reinstall the release fork spring thing that looks like a pair of thongs? I remember discovering I almost installed it improperly until I realized something was off/wrong/out of order:
release fork.PNG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts