Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Greddy Turbo, with Test pipe and a greddy Evo Catback. I was wondering of how bad this exhaust is hidering my performance. Anyone have any idea of how much this is?? or if its a waste of money to replace the exhaust with say, the 3" from thermal.
Thanks

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
15-20hp I believe would be freed up....or there abouts...

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
greddy evo is 2.25.........thermal is 3.....i dont think .75 inches would loose 30whp

·
Registered
169 Posts
anybody have any idea when the greddy Ti exhaust is supposed to be out??

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
millo said:
anybody have any idea when the greddy Ti exhaust is supposed to be out??
Thread jacker!! dont you have your own!! It will be out in the summer.
back to how much am I losing by having my Greddy Evo.
And to who ever said that the Evo is 2.5 is wrong. Its 2 1/2

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XxThInKxX said:
Will the thermal bolt up to stock cat? Would it be better to wait on the Greddy Ti?
The Greddy TI is not going to be 3". I called Greddy and asked them why is wasnt going to be 3 " and their answer was that they wanted to keep the car under certain DB level, which was not achievable with a 3". I talked to my tunner, and he told me that no matter what anyone said, a 3" exhaust mandrel bent, is always going to be better than a 2.3/4 mandrel bent. Case Closed

·
Registered
340 Posts
1xxxrsx said:
zulustypes you need a 3" if you want to get optimun power on a turbo car
NEVER a weste of money.
This is not always true..I wouldn't recommend a 3in exhaust to someone running 7psi w/no plans to up the boost.. It depends on your setup..

One of our Customers pulls a 114mph trap speed in the 1/4 w/a 2.25 inch Greddy EVO on 9psi (00 Si w/built LS/VTEC and a Greddy kit)..

Yes, a large unrestrictive exhaust is good for large dyno numbers and higher levels of boost, but you need to look at drivability and low-end power also if it is a street driven vehicle..

I personally use a 3inch on our Si we run, but understand on low levels of boost for someone not looking for a track car, this may not always be the best solution..

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i thought the EVO was 60mm - 70mm. which is 2.4'' to 2.8''. I think its a good exhaust to use if your only going to be running 7 - 10 psi. Im using a stock type s cat back with a random tech high flow cat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts