Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
No, mine's bigger.
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: To anyone who has had the JRSC installed, can you post how much you paid for the install? I don't need to know where, just how much. I was quoted today a price of $750 from a very reputable tuner. Does this seem reasonable? I will try a couple of more places though. I want to be an educated consumer. :confused:

·
No, mine's bigger.
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not that mechanically inclined. I tried doing the Hondata IMG and prolly lost half my coolant. I'm like King Kong, I got two left hands. :jigglemad

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
tt061880 said:
Since it's still a bolt-on, i think u can do it yourself. I'm installing mine next weekend.
Did you end up buying from CRSX? I will be installing mine myself...

·
No, mine's bigger.
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rsXploited said:
Two left hands? Damn that must be hard to pleasure yourself.
You don't know how tough my life is. :firemad:

wdsonny,
didn't they have to send off the ECU? You are main inspiration in this endeavor. :thumbsup: (Didn't mean to sound, you know.... ):rolleyes:
Anymore tips you can give besides the other thousand will be greatly appreciated.

·
6,734 Posts
I started with the street kit and a week later I upgraded at a shop near Hondata. You will need to send off the upgrade if you a shop is doing. That would be the first thing I have them do. Get the race package upgrade first. That has your MAP relocator, injectors and new flash. Then install the JRSC. Make sure they use loc-tite. That stuff works. Other than that have fun boosting. I know I do.

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
5 hours...what a joke! thats funny!!!! i did mine myself in 10.5 hours w/out stopping...
it is not hard...and it is not that easy, if you dont know what you are doing. otherwise it is just time!
...mateo

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
wdsonny said:
I started with the street kit and a week later I upgraded at a shop near Hondata. You will need to send off the upgrade if you a shop is doing. That would be the first thing I have them do. Get the race package upgrade first. That has your MAP relocator, injectors and new flash. Then install the JRSC. Make sure they use loc-tite. That stuff works. Other than that have fun boosting. I know I do.
did you get it done at Prism and Epic (sp?)

sometime when i'm at a red light the car idle normally, then drop a slight bit, and bounce back up to normal

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
I dropped my car off at 8:00 a.m. at Acura and picked it back up at 6:00 p.m. later that day. They did the JRSC street version, short headers, air/fuel gauge, boost gauge, and A-pillar dual gauge pod in less than 10 hours :thumbsup: I was charged 550 for the instal on the charger.
I did pay a little more than wdsonny did, but on the other hand, I got my car back the same day.

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
i'm running a new 6 rib belt! it is a goodyear gaterback poly-v 4060770...w/the 7 pound pulley...this is the belt to have! the 5.0ltr. guys run these w/boost, so thats good enough for me...i did my home work and this belt made better by far than the other brands! less than 30.00usd. the ribs are cut at a angle and so they are little ribblets if you will! search the name and they pop up on the web! i bought mine @ action auto! just thought i would share my find...
...mateo

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
mateo said:
i'm running a new 6 rib belt! it is a goodyear gaterback poly-v 4060770...w/the 7 pound pulley...this is the belt to have! the 5.0ltr. guys run these w/boost, so thats good enough for me...i did my home work and this belt made better by far than the other brands! less than 30.00usd. the ribs are cut at a angle and so they are little ribblets if you will! search the name and they pop up on the web! i bought mine @ action auto! just thought i would share my find...
...mateo
I did a search i can't find this belt.

78.6 inches right?

i'm running a 7 rib belt with one rib taken out so 6 rib

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
i VieTEC said:
dealer installed? wow
That is correct ;) The only one in the tri-state area that does that kinda stuff

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Where is Prizm? Have an address or phone#?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts