Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 189 Posts

·
N/A to go please...
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Updated a bit:

- Added note about doing dynos in 4th gear for best results
- Added approximate pricing for the mods and popular brand names for each (for reference only - please don't PM me saying I should list brand 'X' or that you can get 'X' mod for $50 less at www.cheapcarpartswithoutrageousshippingcosts.com - I don't want to hear it.) :)

Peace

WhiZ

·
N/A to go please...
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
anthentheresERIC said:
thread stuck
I'm humbled and gratified that it has been so well received. :eek: :bow:

Peace

WhiZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Definitely worthy of a sticky, a must read for any newbie.
I tend to look more at power to weight ratio than anything else.
I ran across another S with some minor mods, and beat him off the line every time. However, he was carrying a passenger and had some stereo and handling mods as well (added weight).

In a car as light as the RSX, dropping 10 to 15 pounds off the driver can give you a decent acceleration boost of it's own.

I am looking to upgrade to cold air, headers and exhaust on my 03 S, currently stock. I am seriously thinking about dropping the 10 pounds too.

·
Registered
587 Posts
POwer Guestimate

Ok, just curious, what do you guys think I would be getting for WHP (I know its a wild approx, but just want ball park figure)

Its a base 05, 5 speed
Injen CAI
Megan Header, Testpipe
Greddy SP2

So, what do you think?

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
whoishomer said:
Ok, just curious, what do you guys think I would be getting for WHP (I know its a wild approx, but just want ball park figure)

Its a base 05, 5 speed
Injen CAI
Megan Header, Testpipe
Greddy SP2

So, what do you think?
Did you just skip over all of the information presented in this thread? It is presented to you so that you can make your own deductions regarding how much you think you're putting down. If you've got a base (assuming roughly 135-140whp stock), I'd imagine you're probably around 155whp or so.

·
Slayer
914 Posts
hey nice write up...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont think Lightning on page 1 guess that this write up was geared towards the type-s and not the base, anyways very informative :)

21 - 40 of 189 Posts