Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you pay for an aftercooler for the JRSC? Don't know if the setup I have in mind will work on the CTSC or not.

$500

$600

$800

$1000

How much is too much that you would pay?

What if you could get the aftercooler and source out the rest of the parts on your own, how much are you willing to pay?

There is a company that makes IC cores for the Pontiac GTP supercharged M90's. The discharge port of the MP62 and the M90 are real close in design. 4.72x5.39 from bolt to bolt for the M90 and 4.72 x 6 for the M62. I will be ordering an IC core in the next few weeks and see what it would take to fab up an adapter plate. I dropped the Laminova idea, too much fabrication involved. This design will raise the supercharger by about an inch to inch and quarter. Hood clearances shouldn't be an issue. I would like a poll to guage interest. I will be doing this for my own interest. If there is enough interest, I will provide the link to the IC cores, the adapter plate would be something you would have to have made. The pump, lines, heat exchanger can all be sourced via E-bay for great prices. It doesn't seem that hard.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
anything over 1000 would be too much. Especially for a custom kit.

If it was a engineered perfect kit, then i would be willing to pay more..

I say 600-800 :dontknow:

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if the adapter plate was perfect and the rest was up to you? What would you pay for the plate? Machining cost, material cost, labor cost, etc...

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
What if the adapter plate was perfect and the rest was up to you? What would you pay for the plate? Machining cost, material cost, labor cost, etc...

:dontknow:

Sounds like a chunk of aluminum that can be easily duplicated once its engineered. Maybe 300?

·
:)
15,558 Posts
$300 and $700 for complete kit!

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So $300 for the plate, you source out the core $140, pump $140, HE $100 and various lengths of lines $20. That sounds reasonable.

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The plate to house the IC core is the biggest issue. Everything else can be had for fairly cheap. I will see what I try and put to paper this next week on getting a core and some CNC'ing done for a plate.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
if it is just a machined plate i would say 100-200. its just a chunk of metal after all and with the other parts assuming the prices you listed that would put it sround 500-600 dollar price range which i think just about any one could afford.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i would be interested, i think is a good idea and price is reasonable. i know i could use an aftercooler on my car. hey post up the link please.

thanks

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are pushing 15psi through the JR unit, I can understand it. If you are 9 or less, it will non productive. 15psi is a major jump in delta temps.

i would be interested, i think is a good idea and price is reasonable. i know i could use an aftercooler on my car. hey post up the link please.

thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the aftercooler works with our kit i dont mind to pay 1000.

If you have the aftercooler ready for me i pay you right know at least 1000, the whole kit off course.

After all this time anyone who can help should be very well pay.

I know at least 2 more guys in here who also have jrsc and they also pay a 1000.

So if you want you can order to us.

Dont forget the kit should have the pump, the lines, etc.

Thanks

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
If you are pushing 15psi through the JR unit, I can understand it. If you are 9 or less, it will non productive. 15psi is a major jump in delta temps.
so you are saying us 9psi people will have to upgrade to a smaller pulley? if so isnt belt slip then an issue? also to answer i would say $600-700 would not be too bad.

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
so you are saying us 9psi people will have to upgrade to a smaller pulley? if so isnt belt slip then an issue? also to answer i would say $600-700 would not be too bad.
you will loose about 2 psi running through the core anyways. if i got one i would def jump to 11 psi pulley, but would still only see around 9 psi after the cooler. i would hope that there would be someone else making the auto tensioner by the time im ready to get it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts