Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up Vinylex a couple of days ago at my local acura dealership, and its awesome stuff. Gives just enough shine...but seems to actually protect the plastics as opposed to just shining them up like armor all. Kinda like lotion of something :) Anyhow I also use lexol and I love it, but how often do you guys use lexol and vinylex. So far I've been using lexol during every car wash; which has been about every 8 or 9 days. Is this too often :confused: Vinylex frequency?

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
no need to wash every 9 days. Give it a good wash and thorough wax once a month. If you feel the need give it another wash after 2 weeks. For shine in between use wax booster, or detailer spray. interior once a month, if you smoke..... once a week!

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like having a clean car though :dontknow:

·
Directeur Sportif
4,494 Posts
I too use lexol cleaner everytime I wash my car. However, I do not condition the leather everytime - I'll do that about every month or so. I never bought vinylex at the dealership because I fear that it'll make the plastic look shiny. From what I've experienced, using lexol every time I wash my car has kept the seats looking fresh and new.

and...
Did you get your car at Acura of Bellevue? I got mine there last spring. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arcane said:
I too use lexol cleaner everytime I wash my car. However, I do not condition the leather everytime - I'll do that about every month or so. I never bought vinylex at the dealership because I fear that it'll make the plastic look shiny. From what I've experienced, using lexol every time I wash my car has kept the seats looking fresh and new.

and...
Did you get your car at Acura of Bellevue? I got mine there last spring. :thumbsup:
Nope, got mine at acura of lynnwood. I went to acura of bellevue, but they didn't have a type s DSM with oem spoiler, so I went back to acura of lynnwood to buy. But I get all my accessories form acura of bellevue cause I live close buy. So you only use the cleaner?, not the conditioner? I use the conditioner exclusivley. I do own a bottle of Connelly leather cleaner which I have used once; Connelly makes a great cleaner but its 20 bucks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Once to twice a month.

·
Car = Stock back in 2004
1,630 Posts
i condition my leather once a month

·
Banned
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frosty said:
I use Lexol every 2-3 months.
Monthly if the weather has been a lil harsher than normal.
That infrequently? My leather feels dry after like a week of not applying lexol :confused: Am I too paranoid about it?

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
Bitchhopper said:
That infrequently? My leather feels dry after like a week of not applying lexol :confused: Am I too paranoid about it?
Yes... yes I think you are too paranoid.
No cracks in my leather.

I don't think you should do it more than monthly. I'm not sure if you can oversaturate leather with conditioner... but every week sounds like you are used to the leather feeling oily or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts