Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
rsx k24a2 need insight .

hey have a question my rsx is kpro with a k24a swap, it usually takes off hard HOWEVER yesterday I was at a red light and over revved , in first and the gear was sticking. I heard a ringing noise In the engine that I can only describe as light metal ringing , moreover the car wont go anymore its acting like a civic now no power going 60 in 3rd when it should be 80 in 3rd what could cause this loss in engine power

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey have a question my rsx is kpro with a k24a swap, it usually takes off hard HOWEVER yesterday I was at a red light and over revved , in first and the gear was sticking. I heard a ringing noise In the engine that I can only describe as light metal ringing , moreover the car wont go anymore its acting like a civic now no power going 60 in 3rd when it should be 80 in 3rd what could cause this loss in engine power
Wrong place for this but might have spun a rod bearing, stop driving it immediately. Get it checked out. Drop the oil to see if any metal pieces in it, you best bet is dropping entire oil pan

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wrong place for this but might have spun a rod bearing, stop driving it immediately. Get it checked out. Drop the oil to see if any metal pieces in it, you best bet is dropping entire oil pan
Homie posted that a month ago bro, I think he's probably figured out that he has a relatively large problem at this point lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts