Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
n00b 4 life
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after searching for a DIY on this and only coming up with numerous threads of people complaining on how difficult it is to do this change, i decided to take some pix as i switched out my low beams...i'm just trying to help...don't flame a n00b...(i basically followed the directions in the instructions manual)...i was able to do the swap in like 15 mins...not bad for the first time i guess

let's start on the right side, since that's the most difficult...first slide the windshield washer fluid resevoir to the left, then unscrew the screw for the cross bar that holds the battery in place. you can now gently slide the battery away from the headlight (gently) and maneuver the windshield washer fluid thing out of the way to fit your "gi-normous" hands

now, with all that crap out of the way, you can just reach down and pull off the connector...

now, there is a rubber seal that sheids the connector pins...pull this off by pulling on one of the two tabs, you can also pry it off by pulling off the sides (first pic)...set the seal of to the side (second pic)

Attachments

·
n00b 4 life
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

with the seal off this leaves the lightbulb holder/pins revealed (as shown above)...as you can see, it is held in place by a "paper-clip" type pin...to loosen the bulb, press the the loopy part of the pin in and slide it upwards...this should allow the pin to swing around freeing the bulb...

with the bulb free, pull it out and you will find it sitting in a bulb holder...pull the bulb out and replace with the new bulb (remember, do not touch the glass bulb with your bear fingers)...put the bulb back into the housing and reset the pin doing the reverse as stated above...once the bulb is in place, replace the rubber seal and connector...

with the right side done...it's time for the left side (which is much easier, except the angle is different)...for the left side, just pull *up* on the power steering canister and that will free area to reach the connector. follow the above steps *except* that for the pin that holds the bulb in place...instead of pushing in and up...you have to push in and slide it *down* in order to free up the bulb...

hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Rice-picker
2,637 Posts
not bad for a newb, make it sound so easy, when i changed my lows, i didn't move the battery, and i had to do it all by touch and also looking through some gaps from the headlight/fenders to see what i was doing. and i hope u clean ur stock bulbs properly when/if u ever put them back in cuz putting it on ur battery would have made the bulb dirty.

·
n00b 4 life
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riceoroni said:
not bad for a newb, make it sound so easy, when i changed my lows, i didn't move the battery, and i had to do it all by touch and also looking through some gaps from the headlight/fenders to see what i was doing. and i hope u clean ur stock bulbs properly when/if u ever put them back in cuz putting it on ur battery would have made the bulb dirty.
oh yea, i know...but alas, i'm only a man with two hands, and i thought it'd be able to lean against it's own pins, but i was wrong...i set them aside, i'll clean 'em off if i ever need 'em again

·
임다니엘
1,674 Posts
Nice write up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
LOL Silverstar well burn out quick ....love piaa good brand why do acura make it such a bitch juz to switch out a simple bulb?

·
Boost is Better.
5,502 Posts
khmernikka said:
LOL Silverstar well burn out quick ....love piaa good brand why do acura make it such a bitch juz to switch out a simple bulb?
hell yea before my HIDs....i went through like 8 of dem...

·
2005 Type S
1,860 Posts
Should I follow this way to install my HID or take out the bumper and healight to install the HID's?

I have factory headlight will I have to disconnect any wires that is attached to my foglights?

If I was to install the H1 Hid kit where would be a good place to mount the ballast?

Thanks

·
Senior Citizen
3,413 Posts
sinitry23 said:
Should I follow this way to install my HID or take out the bumper and healight to install the HID's?

I have factory headlight will I have to disconnect any wires that is attached to my foglights?

If I was to install the H1 Hid kit where would be a good place to mount the ballast?

Thanks
You should take off the front bumper and take off the headlights, that will make it 10x easier and also you want to mount the ballasts underneath the headlight. If you flip over your stock headlight, you will see where the factory HID ballasts goes, its a circle area with 4 screw posts. Just mount it there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
good job on the write up, followed u perfectly through it and only took me 10-15 min.

·
Registered
4 Posts
did anyone have any problems with headlight aiming after replacing the bulbs? I did and I can't seem to change it in any way. BTW, SilverStars are nice but they do not last in the RSX. I am back to regular bulbs and I am trying to get a refund for the burnt out Silverstars.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
get hids and save money in the long run and plus hids look better

1 - 20 of 155 Posts