Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the hell do i clean the rubbery type sheit above the stereo and the gauges??? what stuff can i use?? i was thinking about using armor all but i don't know if u can use it on that type of surface

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
First Off: NEVER USE ARMORALL ON ANY PART OF YOUR CAR !!!! Worst stuff you can use ever.

The best way to clean that surface is to get some microfiber cloths, even the cheap ones from wal-mart will work. That will pick up any dust etc. If you want a cleaner that you can use on the entire interior, except for the leather get Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber protectant. It doesn't use silicone which is what dries out your dash.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
JustinC said:
First Off: NEVER USE ARMORALL ON ANY PART OF YOUR CAR !!!! Worst stuff you can use ever.
Why? Prove it.

I'm not endorsing Armorall, or even saying I like it. But everyone always bashes it and no one EVER has personal verification of damage caused by it. People are always saying how they "heard" about it cracking dashes, etc., but no one EVER says they personally had damage occur after using this product. It's urban ledgend. If Armorall was so horrible and caused damage, they would have gone out of business years ago. But they are probably the largest protectant company out there. All I'm saying is either show me personally verified proof of damage caused by the produce, or keep quiet. I've used it for years and have NEVER had a problem. I kept my last car for 10 years and the dash in it looked brand new. Show me proof or shut up.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
By the way, for cleaning the dimpled part of the dash, I put a brush attachment on my shop vac, and suck the dust off it. I use a dry swifter cloth to hit the rest.

·
Mambo King
204 Posts
Silver Mule said:
Why? Prove it.

I'm not endorsing Armorall, or even saying I like it. But everyone always bashes it and no one EVER has personal verification of damage caused by it. People are always saying how they "heard" about it cracking dashes, etc., but no one EVER says they personally had damage occur after using this product. It's urban ledgend. If Armorall was so horrible and caused damage, they would have gone out of business years ago. But they are probably the largest protectant company out there. All I'm saying is either show me personally verified proof of damage caused by the produce, or keep quiet. I've used it for years and have NEVER had a problem. I kept my last car for 10 years and the dash in it looked brand new. Show me proof or shut up.
I'm here to answer the thread and not to get into a discussion on Armorall, I too have used and will only use it now on the muddflaps because i use to use it on my tires and i noticed that in areas where the stuff wasn't applied ( such as the threads)...it would cause small cracks like a separation of the side walls and the surface that touched the road....my experience and on with the topic....

To clean the dash i use a duster and a dry new sponge to get the dust on the section in front of you as you mentioned and and as far as the rest of the dash Kiwi's saddle soap...and works on the leather too... :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
im not bashing armorall but i would never use it in my car. It does not last that long. lexol products are my choice.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Silver Mule said:
Why? Prove it.

Hey man take a chill pill. I justified my statement. Armorall contains silicone and will dry out vinyl and rubber. However if used consistently it will protect like it is supposed to, however if you were to stop using armorall at any point for a long period of time, the silicon will cause the vinyl and rubber to dry and could eventually crack.

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
I can't believe my dad has several gift boxes in the garage :nervous: I ran out of Meguiar's Endurance tire dressing so I tried the Armor All and next day my tires look like shit :firemad:

I use Meguiar's Protectant with a sponge...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
for the plastic parts i use Meguairs Rubber & Vynil cleaner and for the wierd plastic use a wash cloth...p.s. dont leather condition you're stearing wheel makes driving "fun"

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Use a dash duster, which you can find at you local walmart. You can also safely use a damp towel to clean the area if need be. Dash duster works well to remove dust if that's your main concern.

·
Registered
154 Posts
lent roller im telling you, like 50 cents for one pulls all the dust off in like 5 seconds

1 - 13 of 13 Posts