Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Huh?
1,738 Posts
Goo gone, wd-40 but you gotta let it sit, and soak the f out of it.. or just heat it up and peel it off, haha.. I bet a clay bar would work, the bugntar bottle I have came messed up so I didn't use that.. hah..

·
pro lurker
548 Posts
3m makes an automotive adhesive remover that works perfect. ive used goo gone and tried the blow dryer thing but 3m works the best. it melts the sticky crap and beads it up. takes like 10 seconds and ur done.

safe for all clear coats and paint finishes. just rewax the area you use it on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is it better to heat the whole emblem or do you use the hair dryer after you get the emblem off (Just for the left over glue)?

Both?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i heated the entire emblem for about a minute then ran fishing line behind the emblem, then used the dryer again to get the rest off

·
JDM!!!!!!!!
3,661 Posts
JoeRodSX said:
How exactly do you take the emblem off? keep prying it off? I want to take off the A and the ACURA.
ummm heat it for a while with a blow dryer....
then get a peice of floss and slide it under

should come off easily

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i pulled it off...
lots of glue still on it?

i used GOO GONE! that bugga..worked like a charM!!!!!!

·
wanker
916 Posts
i used nailpolish remover that my girlfriend had, then I used my mothers 3 step wax system immediately after, worked fine

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
use sandpaper... roflol j/k :laughing:

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts
muevelonyc said:
use sandpaper... roflol j/k :laughing:
I was thinking a chisel might work better. :laughing:

I have used goo gone with some good results, think I'm gonna try some of that 3M shite. Can you get it at a regular auto parts store?

Bill

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the A has 2 screws from the inside... The rest is just glued on. I peeled the chrome plastic emblem off. Then I just peeled and used a buffer to get the rest off. Took a while, but it worked. I tried wd-40, but didn't work too well. Tried the hair dryer, but was a bit hot when I did it in the summer at like 90 degrees.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts