Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my replica type-r wing in the mail, how do I install it. The directions that came with it are not very understandable. What are those black plastic things for? and should I just drill at the oem marks?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my guess would be to just drill at the OEM marks in the hood, but should I drill from the outside in or the inside up?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also wut's the two black foam things for? Should I put those under the spoiler?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I dont recommend drilling in the hood for a type r wing.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
rpliving said:
my guess would be to just drill at the OEM marks in the hood, but should I drill from the outside in or the inside up?
drill from inside upward because you need to fallow the marks on the inside of the trunklid, let the drillbits go through the marks and then drill from the outside downward to enlarge the hole.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God damn, I've been working on it for 3 hours in below freezing temp to put this damn thing on and it's still not on all the way. My hood is scratched up. This is by far the hardest thing i've done yet. First it doesn't fit the oem holes, you need to drill them bigger and more towards the center of the trunck. I have two screws in now but I had to strectch the spoiler to get it to line up with them. The other two hole arn't close to matching up so i'll do them tomarrow after school.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
rpliving said:
God damn, I've been working on it for 3 hours in below freezing temp to put this damn thing on and it's still not on all the way. My hood is scratched up. This is by far the hardest thing i've done yet. First it doesn't fit the oem holes, you need to drill them bigger and more towards the center of the trunck. I have two screws in now but I had to strectch the spoiler to get it to line up with them. The other two hole arn't close to matching up so i'll do them tomarrow after school.
i am deeply sorry to hear that you have troubles installing this spoiler.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
black plastic things are drill hole templates...tape them to the bottom of the wing, put the wing wer u want it, tape the templates to the trunk(removed from the spoiler) drill holes, bolt in wing...easy enuff to DIY

·
Registered
87 Posts
03RSX-Satwork said:
because of fearing ofwhat happened to you I got mine done at a shop, $80
wow! 80 bucks... i paid 20 and it was done in minutes...you DID get ripped off...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts