Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bar'd
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice would be highly appreciated. Im going to the track today and just wanted to know what I should bring?
Pressure gauge? tools? im doing oil and tranny change today before I leave because Im overdue.
SHould I lower the tire pressure at the track? I have 255s but they still have traction problems.
Should I do the burnout in the water box with these street tires? These tires are so wide that they put a lot of stress into the drive train which is why Im scared to do a burn out in them.
I gutted my 50lb sound system, tires, etc which saves me about 100lbs.

This k20 hatch making 200whp wants to race me for $200, but he has slicks so I told him to put on street tires and I would race for 2,000 we'll see what happens

oh and this will be my 2nd time at the track, first being with my turbo civic never in the rsx so it will be a good experience.

·
Royal Tekkenite
1,549 Posts
leave your filter on the turbo

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT DO A BURN OUT In the water box, thats a complete no no

water box is only for drag radials n slicks

drive around it

bring tire pressure gauge, thats really the only thing you need

when your waiting in line to run, leave the car off, have the hood open to cool down your engine

tire pressure if something you need to mess with, no cars are the same, just find that sweet spot, start at like 25 and go down by 2 psi till you hit the spot, dont lower the back

stiffen the back suspension if you have any, and stiffen half way on the front

find that sweet launch rpm and your good to go

hope that helps

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT DO A BURN OUT In the water box, thats a complete no no

water box is only for drag radials n slicks

drive around it
wow i dont know where the hell you heard that from but thats a load of bs

the only no no is stopping in the water box and doing a burnout...that splashes water all over the place and neither you or other people want that. drive through it, stop in front of it and do a burnout.

if the box was only for drag rads and slicks, it would be a mandated rule at tracks...:shakehead

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,163 Posts
Actually, the only dr that is waterbox worthy is the hoosier. If it has any kind of tread pattern water is a no no.

ur mods and whp would be nice to add, ive seen 200 whp hatches run 12's.......you might get ur ass handed to u

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

the only no no is stopping in the water box and doing a burnout...that splashes water all over the place and neither you or other people want that. drive through it, stop in front of it and do a burnout.

if the box was only for drag rads and slicks, it would be a mandated rule at tracks...:shakehead
Ok first off he has a twin scroll turbo kit that makes 450whp and runs 11's with 93 octane. (I just read your thread)

Second theres no need to do a burn out with street tires and you DO NOT go through the water box with street tires on. Have you ever been to the track?

·
Bar'd
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone know what a flat 9 @ 88mph is capable of at the 1/4 mile?
NExt time I go, Im going with slicks and stock brakes, my 255s and big brake kit hold me down from getting better numbers along with slicks.

·
FREE IRAN!!!!
3,985 Posts
Ok first off he has a twin scroll turbo kit that makes 450whp and runs 11's with 93 octane. (I just read your thread)

Second theres no need to do a burn out with street tires and you DO NOT go through the water box with street tires on. Have you ever been to the track?
hahahaha...wow is that a serious question? i've been there too many times. whats your best time might i ask?

as long as the burnout isn't of shit quality (aka spin the tires), all the water in the tread will come off. i hit constant 14.3's and last run of the night i did a burnout and hit 14.1 so dont tell me it doesn't help

·
PuTang Ina NYO!!!
3,064 Posts
i agree with SILVER04rsx if you're on a street tires don't do a burnout cause your just wasting your time and it doesn't really help you at ALL!!!

dc5runna when you hit that 14.1 maybe because you were shifting better or faster than when you had that 14.3???

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts

From Greer Dragway's Racing 101
"Go around the water box.You don't want to get near the water. It will run in your tread, be thrown into your wheelwell, and drip on your tires and the track the whole run. This is very dangerous for the "Big Boys" running slicks behind you, and could get you removed from the track."

its not so much a rule as it is common sense to not do a liquid burnout with street tires

·
Bar'd
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had two runs first run with cold tires and engine and the next run my friend told me to try burning out which I did and ran a slower time so it shows that its pointless to burn out with street tires. It didnt help me much, lowering the tire pressure helped though. I lowered them from 33psi to 25psi.

·
Royal Tekkenite
1,549 Posts

i dont argue with people that don't know anything about nhra

you fail

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.