Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
RSX-CT said:
Most headlights are getting condensation from the boulb holder grommets on the back and not through the sealent around the edges. They fog up because moisture gets in and can't get out. There are holes in the light housings from the factory, so don't go baking your lights when heating them up with a blow dryer until dry inside and then cleaning the grommets will most likely work. I don't think these packets will work for too long
You seem to have an idea what is taking place.I have heard about the grommets being the cause...if so what is the remedy?Mine dry out after the lights are on for a bit but they still continue to steam up on occasion.Even without washing the car or rain.So I believe it is caused by ambient temperature change and moisture in the air.So should the grommets fit tightly or loosely.I also noticed when they were new they had a light coating of grease on them.Is this a neccesity also???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.