Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Headlight Guy
6,773 Posts
MueveloNYC, I think I owe you an apology for doubting your idea. After reading up some on silica gel dessicants I am amazed. It seems that if you don't have a huge gap letting water into your headlights and you can't find the problem these should work indefineatly. I was under the impression they only soak up moisture to a point and hold it in. They actually will soak up moisture and release it as realtive humidity changes but will always keep the relative humidty below the point where condensation develops. Even if you have a huge leak and they can't absorb all the moisture before they fill up, you can recharge them in the oven and throw them back in!

Based on that I'm going to start throwing these into blackouts and retrofits for free as some added insurance (never had a problem yet). I just purchased a butt load of these packets for my personal use but if anyone wants some I will sell them to anyone who wants them for $2 for 2 or $3 for 4 (shipped USPS) to cover their cost, shipping, and postage. I will not be accepting money for these until I have the lot in hand.

·
Soup to nuts
4,673 Posts
i'm thinking about just dropping some of the little geltablets into my headlights and leaving them there :)

·
Headlight Guy
6,773 Posts
Water problems here too with my fogs lights. Thinking about resealig them. Think it will work?
The fog lights leaking are probably the lack of a good seal at the bulb seat. The easiest thing to do is make a better seal by liberally applying high-temp grease (lithuim grease) to the outside lip of the bulb seat. You don't want gobs of it getting into the housing, but enough to fill any irregularities between the gasket on the bulb and the housing.
You may first want to check that the bulb is not loose, that would essentially only require turing into the recepticle all the way to fix the issue.

·
when in rome
11,312 Posts
hit a shitload of water this weekend. my passenger side has moisture in it. im gonna stick a air hose in it and reseal the covers with clear silicone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
AM getting condensation coming from the rubber seal thats suppose to cover the bulb but i have HID and use the x-clips and they are hollow and i believe thats how am getting condensation. any suggestions other than the packets since i want a permanent fix

·
You ain't bouty
528 Posts
or..just turn on your lowbeams and highbeams and let it sit for 20 minutes.

I have this issue in my rh headlamp. why? because I had h.i.ds installed, and the weather seals would not fit. I didnt install them myself, but just remember the guy that did telling me so and handing me the seals.

my lh headlamp does not have this issue, but it does have the fenderliner intact. (RH does not)

I'm gonna go out in a bit and see what the fitment issue with the seals are..and try to mod them accordingly. Moisture looks like shit in there.

Dremmel ftw

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.