Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to the mall for an hour or so, and I come back to find my car hit by a shopping cart :firemad:. The cart left behind a big fucking ding and left a lot of gray paint (cart was gray) . I'm just wondering whats the best product to take off the gray paint without damaging my own cars paint? I tried 3M scratch remover but it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?

9,696 Posts
Today I went to the mall for an hour or so, and I come back to find my car hit by a shopping cart :firemad:. The cart left behind a big fucking ding and left a lot of gray paint (cart was gray) . I'm just wondering whats the best product to take off the gray paint without damaging my own cars paint? I tried 3M scratch remover but it doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?
lacquer thinner. had my body shop dude use that when a motorcycle side swiped me. it worked like magic. took just a little towel and came off in a couple swipes. if you use the right amount it dries too quickly to affect your paint job.

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
my sister backed out of the garage and hit it... wtf. anyways house paint brown was on here car. I use goo gone or goof off which you can find at home depot or autozone and probably anywhere..Works awesome

·
Southside Hitman
2,676 Posts
iv heard paint thinner works well but also is horrible for your clear coat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure how much this helps, but I have repainted the corner of my front bumper with paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com. They sell spray cans that are OEM colors. But the ding is another issue, I am pretty sure you need professional help to get that fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts