Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got issues. I was being a dumbass and spray painted a shelf in my garage with my car in there. I did not realize that the spray would carry over to my car. There is a white haze on my car now. Any suggestions to get it off?

·
i ❤ macro.
2,252 Posts
Agreed, claybar is the way to go on this one. Like jstn said, make sure your car is spotless beforehand and that you follow directions on the package. Mother's kit seems to be pretty popular, it comes with the bar, detailing spray (to be used as a lubricant) and cleaner wax in case you want to follow through with that.

·
Got 30 down at the bottom
1,233 Posts
rsxokc said:
Hey guys, I got issues. I was being a dumbass and spray painted a shelf in my garage with my car in there. I did not realize that the spray would carry over to my car. There is a white haze on my car now. Any suggestions to get it off?

damm that sucks but ya claybar is the way to go.

·
Yeah ok
269 Posts
ok, i had a similar thing happen to me when i had my 2000 s-10 xtreme(white) somehow i drove through what seemed to be tar, and when i got home it was completly dry, and i was like omg what am i gonna do now. fortunatly the ole man suggested mineral spirits, just get yourself a cloth and pour it on. wipe the are and let it sit for about 1 min, then i just gave it a lil elbow grease and all was well. be sure to wash it a couple times immediately and give it a couple coats of wax, bad thing was it stripped away all the contaminates and left that area of my truck super smooth(smoother than using the clay bar) but of well....good luck with whatever you try though.

·
Long Member
521 Posts
Good advice on the claybar....I didn't know it would take off something that drastic....good to know!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
just dont rub it like crazy to get off stuff that dont wanna come off . . . gentle, slow and repetitive .. like having sex on a first date . . . ;)

·
Long Member
521 Posts
Homer2 said:
just dont rub it like crazy to get off stuff that dont wanna come off . . . gentle, slow and repetitive .. like having sex on a first date . . . ;)
So...it'll be done in 45 seconds?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.