Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if anyone see this before.

I just purchased a 2004 RSX and finally got around to wash the car. When I closely examined the rear window and moonroof, I've noticed some stubborn water marks. I've tried soap and water, windex, rubbing alcohol, and even claybar, nothing seems to work. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of this? or What these marks are?

Thanks.

·
997 C4S
6,402 Posts
Use the least aggressive approach first. Try something slightly acidic such as vinegar, and if that doesn't work, you could use a dedicated water spot remover such as the one offered from HIS (Hawaiian Island Shine).

The HIS water spot remover isn't an abrasive polish, but it's a fairly acidic compound. Results are best when used with a random orbital:

These photos aren't mine, but I've had identical results in the past. From the looks of it, this product (or something comparable) should be more than enough.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Stoner invisible glass along with extra plush microfiber cloth gets all mine out

·
J to the ames
2,115 Posts
stoner invisible glass is probably not going to work for you. Don't get me wrong its a great product to clean windows but I know from my experiences with water stains it did not get them out at all.

·
Professional Detailer
3,053 Posts
clay bar, or if you have a local car quest, pickup some Durlagloss 755 Hard Water Remover. Product is top notch and for me a must.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Natural Formula to Use:
½ liter white vinegar and ¼ liter of water

Method to Use:

1. Fill a clean spray bottle with pure vinegar
2. Spray the vinegar/water solution over the window and wait for a few minutes
3. If stains are stubborn spray more solution and wait a while longer
4. Scrub lightly with a soft sponge or cloth and rinse

I can try it it really work !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've tried the claybar and the vinegar solution, it didn't work for me. And I tried a bunch of cleaning solutions too, nothing.

Going to try this "Duragloss Nu-Glass Water Spot Remover", hopefully this would help. I also saw this Spot-X Amazon Has anyone try this before? There's some good reviews.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yup...had the same problem when i got my car...but used A1 water spot remover and it does the job great....the dealers where i live such as toyota use the same thing....only down fall is that if your water spot are really bad, it will take more strength in scrubbing them out....this may result in swirl marks on ur window which can be seen at night....not good...go softly at first and keep working it.....will look cherry in the end!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
*Update*

Decided to try Spot-X Hard Water Stain Spot Remover - Amazon - $11.95

Before - Sunroof with waterspots from previous owner

Masked off the trims so it doesn't get on the paint

Before - Rear window

1st try - I didn't get the edge that well but you can see the difference.

2nd pass - applied more force to the area

No more water spots.

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,593 Posts
i thinl i razor bladed a glass that looked like that and it worked

·
Registered
31 Posts
lol I have the same thing on my passenger side window and sunroof!! Arrghh! Anyone know where can I pick up a bottle of the Spot-X Hard Water Stain Spot Remover in Sask. Canada? Thanks!!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,792 Posts
lol I have the same thing on my passenger side window and sunroof!! Arrghh! Anyone know where can I pick up a bottle of the Spot-X Hard Water Stain Spot Remover in Sask. Canada? Thanks!!! :)
Think you are stuck ordering online.

Vinegar often works. A lot of water etching has lime or other sorts of minerals that are broken up by vinegar.
Autoglym makes a glass restoration polish with pads for machine application.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.