Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Think you are stuck ordering online.

Vinegar often works. A lot of water etching has lime or other sorts of minerals that are broken up by vinegar.
Autoglym makes a glass restoration polish with pads for machine application.
I am going to try the vinegar route first and if that doesnt work, then try to find something similiar. I seen a commercial for "KABOOM" lastnight and thought it may work.. LOL

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I am going to try the vinegar route first and if that doesnt work, then try to find something similiar. I seen a commercial for "KABOOM" lastnight and thought it may work.. LOL
HI!!!!!! BILLY MAYS HERE FOR KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of his stuff doesn't work.
You'll probably want to find a glass polish if the vinegar doesn't work and you can't find that Spot-X.

Autoglym Glass Polish, Glass Scrub. I think eshine.ca carries the Detailer's Pride Glass Restorer so you can order from this side of the border.

·
Registered
28 Posts
HI!!!!!! BILLY MAYS HERE FOR KABOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of his stuff doesn't work.
You'll probably want to find a glass polish if the vinegar doesn't work and you can't find that Spot-X.

Autoglym Glass Polish, Glass Scrub. I think eshine.ca carries the Detailer's Pride Glass Restorer so you can order from this side of the border.
LMFAO yes Billy Mays, I couldnt remember that dudes name haha

thanks for the info ;)

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
I used FINE Steel wool on mine...worked great.
Yeah, a lot of people will use 0000 (ultra fine) to remove water spots.
If it's really deep, where stuff like vinegar can't remove the damage, it's something to consider.

You just have to be careful since the fibres break and get kinda dusty and get on your paint.

I think of it as compounding for your windows - ideally you want to stick to glass polishes and stuff that's less abrasive. But sometimes you just need to step up.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.